Tapatalk

smartcooky

Referee Coach and Advisor
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Tasman
I am having trouble logging into the site using tapatalk. Could this be anything to do with the recent forum url change?

I am having trouble logging into the site using tapatalk. Could this be anything to do with the recent forum url change?

I have been having a problem with Tapatalk and ForumRunner. With Tapatalk I can't connect to TRF even after the recent URL change. and with Forumrunner it keeps on giving me a parse error.

Out of interest, is there a way to manually change the forum address in the app on your devices? I'm guessing it's still directing the app to www.therugbyforum.com/forums instead of just www.therugbyforum.com like it has been changed to.

Atm, I have no access to tapatalk on my Lumia 920 (WP8), as the recently released official app (finally) is beyond awful, and the previous 3rd party app Board Express seems to have disappeared from the store, and had stopped working when I had it installed; most likely because tapatalk stopped them accessing their API so they could force users to pay the crazy £2.29 asking price for the pile of sh*t they have released.

Beyond awful? What issues have you been having?

I only tried the trial of it, as I didn't find it good enough to pay for. I suppose 'beyond awful' was exaggerating things, but it was still a hell of a lot worse than Board Express was. I mainly found it very basic, and for some reason it wouldn't log me into the forums I'm a member of. I found it easier and better to just use the web browser.

Suppose I was also a bit miffed that Board Express Pro which I paid for got removed for something worse that I have to pay more for. There's also no add supported free version, which is unlike most other apps on the Windows store.

Last edited:
I only tried the trial of it, as I didn't find it good enough to pay for. I suppose 'beyond awful' was exaggerating things, but it was still a hell of a lot worse than Board Express was. I mainly found it very basic, and for some reason it wouldn't log me into the forums I'm a member of. I found it easier and better to just use the web browser.

Suppose I was also a bit miffed that Board Express Pro which I paid for got removed for something worse that I have to pay more for. There's also no add supported free version, which is unlike most other apps on the Windows store.

Well, hang tight, we should have everything fixed shortly. :)
Don't buy anything right now, with the site being down and all...

Beyond awful? What issues have you been having?

I have an SG2, and Tapatalk always worked for me before. I find it a lot better that the default mobile site, and the full site is near unusable on a small screen

I have already selected TRF from the search list, so its on my list of forums

So, I tap "The Rugby Forum" and it brings up the usual "Receiving from server" dialog, then "Processing..." then it comes up with "Failed to connect to forum. Please check with the administrator if this problem persists"

Its working with the other forums on my list, but not TRF

There's a mobile version of the forums!?

Is Tapatalk worth it? I'm on an S3.

It's from the recent change, and is being worked on.
We'll have it fixed soon, don't worry!

Well, hang tight, we should have everything fixed shortly. :)
Don't buy anything right now, with the site being down and all...

Ah sorry, this wasn't a criticism of the site, just a little off-topic rant about the quality of the tapatalk WP8 app.

I also I have trouble connecting from Tapatalk, when you fix this?

Regards

I also I have trouble connecting from Tapatalk, when you fix this?

Regards

For you, never. ;)
It will take as long as it needs to. We have done our part (rather, Geoff has, top lad), just waiting for the fix to be approved and all.

What he said :)

Blame Apple (actually don't otherwise we'll never get approved - we love you Apple etc.)

Important note: We are actually making our official app, which is powered by a customized version of Tapatalk, completely free! :)

There will also be an android version, free as well.

Both versions work on tablets and phones.

Important note: We are actually making our official app, which is powered by a customized version of Tapatalk, completely free! :)

There will also be an android version, free as well.

Both versions work on tablets and phones.

Yay! When can we expect a release?

Just as a bit of input, is there some way a recent posts feature could be included that's quickly accessible? That's why I don't like the Mobile site, you can't see the most recent posts without navigating through a couple of pages.

Last edited:
Yeah there is a button for that in the app. As mentioned earlier, it's all done - it's just with Apple to be approved (delay caused by us changing from /forum to just our domain).

We'll be heavily publicising both apps when they go live.

Yeah there is a button for that in the app. As mentioned earlier, it's all done - it's just with Apple to be approved (delay caused by us changing from /forum to just our domain).

We'll be heavily publicising both apps when they go live.

I Would like to inform you that I downloaded the app on Saturday after I still couldn't get access to the forum through Tapatalk or ForumRunner.

I am very happy to say that the app is working great, and is very user friendly on my Iphone 5.

Well done TRF!!

Latest posts