Not open for further replies.

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
hi modders, yep i have another suggestion for you, hope you appreciate it.

as i've been around this for a while and i haven't seen as much french or argentinans users on this as in active users dont come and post everyday, yes there are french/argentinians/italian users here like Big Ewis and Conrad Smith post regularry here but there are other italians/argentinians/french users who come and go but Gaston is quite active here too. its strange that there is only big ewis and gaston posting everyday who's french as there is alot off rugby interest there. now as a regular poster myself i do like seeing more posters. but this is an english speaking forum as Cymro said
Lads ... sorry to break it to you but this is an English speaking forum, so post really need to be in English, unless you talk in the International Languages thread.

Thanks.
this was posted a while ago in the rugby 08 section as i use to mod the rugby 08 game. i think this forum should be an international speaking forum like i understand we would like to know what people are saying but i thought we can atleast add a translate section underneath the post if it detects any different language in the post above the english users should have the option to see what they're saying in english. i kinda messed this up but i want to discuss this to the modders and this is a great site and i think i can be even better with more users from different places.

tell me what you think i'm willing to discuss this further

thanks for reading

Last edited:
Grammatical skills are a miss here!

Personally I see where you are coming from. But the forum is an English language speaking one, there is an international forum that members can post it if they so do wish, not that it is used regularly. But to get back to the point. What you are suggesting would cause some chaos in threads, we want to try and encourage members who have English as a second language (like I do) to use as much English here to improve their written use of it.

Will pass this on though.

i do understand as i did suggest it would make it easier that everyone spoke english but i think everyone should feel welcome to speak in the language they prefer to speak but it may be harder for us, but i think they should speak in they're language more in the preferred areas for example i think anyone who talks in the top 14 section should be allowed to speak french there and have a sub ***le to the forum with french written on it. i'd say this forum should also help people to learn a new language even for us english speakers to maybe learn some french or any other language

Last edited:
Wasn't viable in the past due to difficulties in moderation. If there's a foreign language board you need someone fluent in the language to moderate it, otherwise the forum rules cannot be enforced.

well thats why were lucky to atleast have a few users who are here to speak fluent french and spanish aswell as english so i dont see there is a problem for the modders to ask them to translate it into french or spanish for them,

well thats why were lucky to atleast have a few users who are here to speak fluent french and spanish aswell as english so i dont see there is a problem for the modders to ask them to translate it into french or spanish for them,

That probably wont work. Having extra mods for translation is not really what we need as a forum.

nonono i wasn't suggesting get another modder in i mean't just ask some off the french users here to translate the rules for you if you know what i mean btw i do want Ewis and Conrad smith opinion on this

It isn't translating the rules that is the issue, it's the fact that no one would be able to observe (at least to a high degree of accuracy) that they're being correctly enforced.

so what else do you think is the main problems off people speaking more than one language here

I imagine threads would be a shambles with multiple languages, what exactly would non speakers of that language do to understand and communicate back? Please don't say Google translate, really isn't an option :p

I am not too sure what language BE uses as most of his post are incomprehensible and Gaston is, contrary what you believe, definitely an English ex-pat who has found his nirvana in St jean de Crieulon, 55 kms north of Montypellier......

I am not too sure what language BE uses as most of his post are incomprehensible and Gaston is, contrary what you believe, definitely an English ex-pat who has found his nirvana in St jean de Crieulon, 55 kms north of Montypellier......

I thought Ewis spoke only the language of love?

Big Ewis do you have a say to this ?

oh, didn't see this before, this post caught my attention as it says "Big Ewis", which appears to be the username I go by.
I do love the idea of absolute mayhem: a guy insults the other in Spanish to which some dude comes crashing in in Gaelic, and then some Afrikaans brutalizes the whole thing...then maybe I come in and add a nice "vous me pétez tous les couilles bordel de merde, faites chier putain !!!" and then it just gets weird with some guys swearing in Ancient Greek, some Latin quotes thrown in, hieroglyphics, Java script okay now it's just too much...I apologize a little bit for the last parts, but only very slightly.

Uhm, no thanks Scotty. I get to speak my beloved language every day, and given I'm almost as strikingly eloquent in this wretched creole they call English, I'm quite happy. But I do understand that as the proud heir of the Dubya award, you want your influence and empire to cover more ground and wreak havoc onto these lands in the image of your profound linguistic potency...but I cannot join you in this quest for more power, it isn't my war anymore. Some still see in me the great Dubya conqueror that I am, but how many ? Too few...my time has passed, I must accept it and move on, my kingdom has evolved, and this is now your route. I do appreciate that you would take the time to summon me: good luck, and sleep tight.

oh, didn't see this before, this post caught my attention as it says "Big Ewis", which appears to be the username I go by.
I do love the idea of absolute mayhem: a guy insults the other in Spanish to which some dude comes crashing in in Gaelic, and then some Afrikaans brutalizes the whole thing...then maybe I come in and add a nice "vous me pétez tous les couilles bordel de merde, faites chier putain !!!" and then it just gets weird with some guys swearing in Ancient Greek, some Latin quotes thrown in, hieroglyphics, Java script okay now it's just too much...I apologize a little bit for the last parts, but only very slightly.

Uhm, no thanks Scotty. I get to speak my beloved language every day, and given I'm almost as strikingly eloquent in this wretched creole they call English, I'm quite happy. But I do understand that as the proud heir of the Dubya award, you want your influence and empire to cover more ground and wreak havoc onto these lands in the image of your profound linguistic potency...but I cannot join you in this quest for more power, it isn't my war anymore. Some still see in me the great Dubya conqueror that I am, but how many ? Too few...my time has passed, I must accept it and move on, my kingdom has evolved, and this is now your route. I do appreciate that you would take the time to summon me: good luck, and sleep tight.
not possible i know the reason why there isn't much scottish users here is because simply there is nearly no interest here, and they dont know this site for those who are interested in rugby, it was my luck i found this site when i was trying to find how to make rugby 08 abit more 'recent'

Well Scotty,

There are places where people who speak another language can converse with their fellow "other language talkers".

For instance, Me and some other Saffas speak Afrikaans, and we have our own thread:
http://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/13145-Afrikaans-Is-hier-enige-Afrikaanse-mense

I think the main threads should stay in the language the majority of users speak/understand.

That's also the main reason why we signed up to this forum and not "Le Rugby Forum".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts