• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stormers v Cheetahs

M

munross

Another win for the Stormers :cheers:

Stormers really played well in the first half and scoring 4 tries to get their bonus point.They continued playing well for a couple of minutes in the second half but the Cheetahs fought back well scoring 3 tries in the second half and the Stormers only 1 try.The Cheethas had me worried for a couple of minutes but the Stormers held on and went on to win the game 34 - 22.

The Stormers still have a good chance of making the semi's but will have to win their next games well and ensure that they get the bonus points!

I feel that the next game against the Hurricanes will make or break the Stormers semi's hopes but hopefully they will pull through ;)

I only watched the highlights but I'm not surprised by the result.
The Stormers have been playing fantastic rugby of late and Rassie really deserved this one.
The Stormers are the only SA, other than the Sharks, that look like securing a play off position

I think Chavanga and Jantjes really deserve to wear the Springbok jersey again.Both of them have showed great pace(especially Chavanga!) and are really good defenders.

Our fowards seem to be getting on well now,scrums and line-out going nicely.Backs look good but I have my ? about Bobo,has had a few good runs and so on but knocks the ball to much,maybe Rassie should look at Uys or Des Fountain at no.13?

Yeah I've been admiring Jantjies steady return to the level he was all those years ago. He had a great Currie Cup last year and got a well deserved Bok cap in the final test match of the year against Wales.
So atleast he's back on the selectors radar, and it's great to see him carrying that form into the S14.

I'll also add that Terblanche is becoming a contender for the vacant Bok fullback. :D

Yeah I've been admiring Jantjies steady return to the level he was all those years ago. He had a great Currie Cup last year and got a well deserved Bok cap in the final test match of the year against Wales.
So atleast he's back on the selectors radar, and it's great to see him carrying that form into the S14.

I'll also add that Terblanche is becoming a contender for the vacant Bok fullback. :D

This was a tremendous game of running rugby with both sides playing with confidence. A little dissapointed we couldnt make more of the massive gap we built up but still another 5 points. Huge game against the Canes next week, could be one of the matches of the year. But again really exciting game although not for the first time the Stormers duffed about a bit in the last 20.

In all fairness it wasn't the last 20 it was the 20 minutes before the last 10.

The last 10 however we were back giving the cheetahs so much grief, It's been a while since I've seen us attack -that- much in one match, it was absolutely brilliant. Devilliers was awesome again, as was pretty much the entire backline.

Latest posts