• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stephen Jones GOAT XV

Stephen Jones is just a sad old fool who lost his relevance back when the game went professional. His "wind-up-the-kiwis" articles stem from the days when a troll was an ugly, mythical creature that lived under bridges, scaring children and eating billy goats. His routine is old and predictable, and the only kiwis who bite are the ones who have yet to hear of him. He's a man in desperate need of new material.... and a life.
He's got a good life though. Watching rugby and writing about it, and occasionally ******* off whole countries while doing it. Pretty sure he wins awards and is well paid for it too!

Anyway, I had to write a response: https://forwardandback.com/greatest-rugby-players/

Dan ******* Lydiate?! SIMON SHAW?!?!

I actually almost admire the man for his guts publishing this crap

(Bang on re: Guscott though...)
I know you're a barf man but Guscott GOAT 13? Shaw is a more respectable pick than him TBH, ignoring end of career form which wasn't truly awful but not to his previous standards. Could say the same about Carter or anyone though.

Utterly bemused by a number of Jones' picks, surely it's just a troll and not worthy of clicks (which I haven't done).

he really is an interesting man.....

Interesting is not a term I would use. I think more like right-wanker would be appropriate.

I mean seriously, Sam Warburton is the best openside flanker he's ever seen? Really?

George Smith? David Pocock? Francois Pienaar? Neil Back? Schalk Burger? Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe? Michael Jones? Jean Pierre Rives? Finlay Calder? Fergus Slattery?

Richie McCaw FFS!!!!

Interesting is not a term I would use. I think more like right-wanker would be appropriate.

I mean seriously, Sam Warburton is the best openside flanker he's ever seen? Really?

George Smith? David Pocock? Francois Pienaar? Neil Back? Schalk Burger? Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe? Michael Jones? Jean Pierre Rives? Finlay Calder? Fergus Slattery?

Richie McCaw FFS!!!!

Stephen Jones just hates the ABs. That much is crystal clear. He's Welsh and is
going to pick Welsh players where he can in his GOAT team instead of AB players.

I thought that it was long since agreed on these forums that every country has one (or a few). Stephen Jones is one of Wales'. I put him in the same category as Katie Hopkins (sorry to non-Brits for the niche reference, only Google her if you have a strong stomach) - he's a professional troll, although I'm not sure he quite gets how it works - I can't imagine there's anyone left on the NH rugby Twittersphere who he hasn't blocked! It's a definate badge of honour!

Latest posts