English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
It really was a fairy tail ending,
I thought the game was going to end in a draw, but to get two tries in the death, one of them by Keiron Cunningham, couldn't have asked for it any better (and i think coming close to losing their 2nd place spot added a bit more to Cunninghams try, not that it didn't already have a lot of meaning!)
Very fitting as well that the last match of Cunninghams regular SL is played at home, and he got the last try to be scored there as well.
Poifect.

Also, if you took that picture, then you had a first rate seat there :p

/FrontpageNewsBannersandMisc/2010/knowsleyroad.jpg To be totally honest, I am a big believer that fairytale endings to anything are very rare. Usually, reality sets in long before your dream scenario has a sniff of an opportunity to appear. Last night, as time came down on the final league fixture at Knowsley Road, the home of St Helens RLFC since 1890, I was proven wrong as the old lady witnessed one more final hurrah.As Keiron Cunningham crashed over under the posts with just 16 seconds remaining, giving St Helens the win they needed to finish 2nd and secure a home game in the playoffs next week, there was just no more fitting a final curtain.

Back to Blog

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts