• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SH Opinions of potential Lions Players

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Irish Centre:Bryan O'Driscoll not much needed to say here but he is in a class of his own I don't think there are any other centres in the world that can touch him at the moment.

[/b]

I can see you havent watched NH rugby in a while, BOD is garbage now and has been pretty average for a few years to be honest. The likes of Mortlock,McAlistar and De Villiers are much better centres.
[/b][/quote]
Not to mention Jauzion, Henson, Giteau, Steyn and Nonu...
[/b][/quote]

Indeed, but not Steyn ;) [/b][/quote]

Yeah I was going to say, Steyn? :blink:

There have been bigger dissapointments though at center, Henderson for Scotland comes to mind as one..
[/b][/quote]

:lol: he MUST be the slowest centre on earth, remember against Italy when he was one on one with their scrum half and he meekly stumbled into him at a top speed of 3 mph. Joke of a player..

[/b][/quote]
Most people would give their left nut to achieve what he has and their right nut to do what he can do at the tender age of 21.
[/b][/quote]

Im sure big Andy is older than 21

:eek:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Irish Centre:Bryan O'Driscoll not much needed to say here but he is in a class of his own I don't think there are any other centres in the world that can touch him at the moment.

[/b]

I can see you havent watched NH rugby in a while, BOD is garbage now and has been pretty average for a few years to be honest. The likes of Mortlock,McAlistar and De Villiers are much better centres.
[/b][/quote]
Not to mention Jauzion, Henson, Giteau, Steyn and Nonu...
[/b][/quote]

Indeed, but not Steyn ;) [/b][/quote]

Yeah I was going to say, Steyn? :blink:

There have been bigger dissapointments though at center, Henderson for Scotland comes to mind as one..
[/b][/quote]

:lol: he MUST be the slowest centre on earth, remember against Italy when he was one on one with their scrum half and he meekly stumbled into him at a top speed of 3 mph. Joke of a player..

[/b][/quote]
Most people would give their left nut to achieve what he has and their right nut to do what he can do at the tender age of 21.
[/b][/quote]

Im sure big Andy is older than 21

:eek:
[/b][/quote]
My bad, and thank goodness. I thought you were still ripping on Steyn.

Nah...ripping on Steyn is a whole other thread in the SA section of the site. :)

Just an observation I've made...The topic is asking for SH members opinions. There have been 10 posts made by SH members, whereas 33 posts have been made by our NH counterparts. There have been a total of 10 individual posters from the NH compared with 5 posters from the SH. :p

And yes, I am bored.

Anyway, to my opinion. Hopefully the selectors won't pick proven performers (on the world stage that is) who are under performing at the time of selection because many of these proven stars are close to retirement. Of course if their performances are up to scratch and they're the best at the time then by all means they should be picked, but like I said if they're below par then pick the up and coming youngsters who are really making a splash up there!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 23 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
POC & DOC - 'nuff said really. Besides Matfield and Bakkies, they're probably the best lock pairing in the World.[/b]

Sorry Sir Speedy i have to disagree with that one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 2 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 23 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
POC & DOC - 'nuff said really. Besides Matfield and Bakkies, they're probably the best lock pairing in the World.[/b]

Sorry Sir Speedy i have to disagree with that one.

[/b][/quote]

Are you going to elaborate on that or leave it up in the air?

Random Outburst;

I would have no issues with the no 1 pick for starting second rows to be all Irish (POC and DOC) in all 3 test matches...just saying, just throwing it out there.