• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scott Spedding's reaction to being selected for France

Watch at 0:32

I...think I've got something in my eye myself watching this..strange....hmm, tastes quite salty. Hmm...that ain't bad in fact !!

You South Africans have a special kind of pride, it's not the first time I see this kind of emotion, not necessarily tears but so much heart and passion. It's very, very touching. And btw you totally missed out on him, Meyer and gang, AGAIN. I've got Spedding over Le Roux every day of the week. That's a few guys you're missing in Spedding, Kockott or Kruger.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are mistaken my friend about the reason for Scotties tears : he was crying after hearing Lagisquet :blink: talk about the kind of backs play he will be subjected to if he steps on the pitch.....Lagisquet has that kind of effect on the poor Top 14 soldiers who are unlucky to get selected under his tenure...
Lagisquet as the truly incompetent Basque that he is, is now famous all over Marccroupis for delivering his pep talk and general tactical claptrap in the Basque language of his youth, problem is Scott doesn't speak Basque, we're not even sure he understands the language of Love and there is no interpreter to translate back into modern rugby talk...

Last edited:
I have this romantic notion in my head. This idea that Scotty has given his heart, his lot over,he has chosen France in as much as one can shose a country/nation. And this was France chosing him back in a way.

muuuuuuuuuhuuuuhuuuuuuu ;) you happy about that one, hein ?? By the way you got me thinking, is there any way you can force someone (in theory) to play for country ? :lol: like imagine if, just to entertain the idea, Spedding just likes France and wanted to be a citizen for wtvr reason but didn't particularly want to play for France, do you think we could've FORCED him to play ? :lol: that thought is just hilarious to me. Maybe that's why he cried ! "Oh fk, they're coming to get me !! NOOO !!!!!"

I have this romantic notion in my head. This idea that Scotty has given his heart, his lot over,he has chosen France in as much as one can shose a country/nation. And this was France chosing him back in a way.

iIZVwmuEWePnK.jpg

Last edited:
we can't technically force them. But there's no need. Just use them and toss them back to the fold when done. FFR are good at doing that.

And this is handy when the infirmerie is full and Papa Schtroumpf still can't tell his selectorial arse from his tactical elbow

They just dangle the Blue carrot right under the gullible nose of their victim. Job done! :victory:

Use 'em & toss' em. This is the new FFR motto, ergo Spedding and Kockott

I seriously doubt a player called Mr Vitesse who always looks like he is in 3rd gear and one Mr Chicken with the ego of a pumped up cockerel are going to make the slightest difference to the Bleus Train Wreck

If that's what you think, you're clutching at straws mon ami :lol:

Latest posts