• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland 6 Nations squad 2024

Let's see if Faz snr 'undermines the integrity of the Lions' next year by picking Duhan, Lowe, JGP and others.
It is a joke that residency counts for lions tbf

Though does the lions have any integrity?
Fat cat money spinner masquerading as tradishun

Let's see if Faz snr 'undermines the integrity of the Lions' next year by picking Duhan, Lowe, JGP and others.
I read an article that Farrell doesn't think that B&IL players can be restricted to representative players of the home nations.

So a player such as his son would not left out even though he would no longer qualify for England

I'd like to see how that would be received

Last edited:
It is a joke that residency counts for lions tbf

Though does the lions have any integrity?
Fat cat money spinner masquerading as tradishun

Them's the rules. Gatland picked Aki, Duhan and others. The HC is just concerned about winning a series and if they do that then the residency issue pales quite a bit.

Integrity of the Lions is probably another question. The demand is clearly there hence Sky Sports involvement and all the tour packages and other commercial stuff.

I read an article that Farrell doesn't think that BI&L players can be restricted to representative players of the home nations.

So a player such as his son would not left out even though he would no longer qualify for England

I'd like to see how that would be received

Was Shane Williams eligible for Wales when Gatland flew him to Aus from Japan? I could be wrong but have a feeling 'ineligible' players have been picked before.

I think any player who has played for or is eligible to play for a home nation is fair game for the Lions.

Last edited:
I see he has 2 sisters, one plays for Scotland the other for England

Cat fight.

youtube fighting GIF

Last edited:
Isn't the eligibility rule down to the individual nations? So surely The Lions don't have to abide by it.

Was Shane Williams eligible for Wales when Gatland flew him to Aus from Japan? I could be wrong but have a feeling 'ineligible' players have been picked before.

I think any player who has played for or is eligible to play for a home nation is fair game for the Lions.
Shane didn't play a test though

Can any 9s on here explain why Price looked shattered within 10 minutes of coming on? Seems like woeful conditioning to me.

Another weird game. Our attack looked excellent at times and I'm not inclined to watch again to see what went wrong.

Can any 9s on here explain why Price looked shattered within 10 minutes of coming on? Seems like woeful conditioning to me.

Another weird game. Our attack looked excellent at times and I'm not inclined to watch again to see what went wrong.

I'm not a 9 but I blame Townsend more than Price for picking a player who clearly wasn't fit enough. Price's brain was also tired as he ran the wrong line when Duhan broke and an almost certain try was butchered. Townsend has form when it comes to giving the nod to his unfit out of form favourites. Dobie should have on the bench IMO.

I'm more concerned about White being dropped from the 23 two weeks after the win v England because he needs to 're-charge'.

I was also puzzled at why Price was so lack lustre despite hardly being on the pitch very long - the amount of box kicks was a frustration too.

Would have been happier with White benched rather than a full drop, Price was nowhere near where we needed him to be.

Getting on the wrong side of refs! Ritchie used to get a lot of criticism for poor ref management but seems to be a more systemic issue.

Getting on the wrong side of refs! Ritchie used to get a lot of criticism for poor ref management but seems to be a more systemic issue.

That's interesting, combination of getting stuck on the floor and also not winning turnovers? Will need to look up each matches stats.