• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2015 Game Announced

Is this being made by the same people who made Rugby 15 and all the HB games? Why can't they just realize they're not good at making games. Please stop. Every time they put out a game its a disaster. Even Rugby 02 was better than their games. Give this to the people who made Rugby Challenge

Anyone heard anything about the rumoured rugby challenge 3?
Not a single peep about it officially.

I'm beginning to suspect the news brought to us by TSC from the Unions was merely a bit of information that got lost in translation with comms staff that weren't across the whole gaming thing.

Not a single peep about it officially.

I'm beginning to suspect the news brought to us by TSC from the Unions was merely a bit of information that got lost in translation with comms staff that weren't across the whole gaming thing.

Bro! Licensing managers at unions of course know who they are associated with. It is also confirmed by HES Interactive and GDE Distribution themselves.

Bro! Licensing managers at unions of course know who they are associated with. It is also confirmed by HES Interactive and GDE Distribution themselves.

:lol: hahaha
Ok, well that set me right. Fair enough mate - wasn't aware of all that on the HES and GDE end. Wonder when they'll come out with an official press release and possibly images? It's been a while now and we've heard zip.

Last edited:
From what I understand is they are delaying releasing the announcement as they are still finalising licensing agreements and something to do on the development side of things. Of course, we need to wait for the official announcement but it is 100% confirmed by multiple sources. Hopefully images and information comes very soon.

From what I understand is they are delaying releasing the announcement as they are still finalising licensing agreements and something to do on the development side of things. Of course, we need to wait for the official announcement but it is 100% confirmed by multiple sources. Hopefully images and information comes very soon.

That makes sense. In Union licensing is always a mess it seems.

Do you know who the Dev is? Mario has confirmed it's not Sidhe, so I figured BigAnt could be doing it, but they'd be spread pretty thin if that were the case.

That makes sense. In Union licensing is always a mess it seems.

Do you know who the Dev is? Mario has confirmed it's not Sidhe, so I figured BigAnt could be doing it, but they'd be spread pretty thin if that were the case.

Wont be Big Ant. Mario knows something but wont say.

http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread.php?51336-Rugby-Challenge-3-The-Dream 3/4s of the way down Mario says Big Ant is not making RC3. However when asked about whether Wicked Witch is doing RC3 he chooses to ignore it. A clue in my book.

TSC, you say it is 100% confirmed by multiple sources, could you please list these sources....im not doubting you, would just like to know what information you have, cheers

What do you know about the licenses? I just saw over at BigAnt someone had posted that the SARU had confirmed the Springboks and Super Rugby sides would be in a new HES ***le, and I seem to remember that the NZRU and ARU contracts from RC2 were for a few years, meaning they'd carry over.

Is that right?

What do you know about the licenses? I just saw over at BigAnt someone had posted that the SARU had confirmed the Springboks and Super Rugby sides would be in a new HES ***le, and I seem to remember that the NZRU and ARU contracts from RC2 were for a few years, meaning they'd carry over.

Is that right?

The sources that I have is ARU, NZRU, SARU, GDE Distribution and HES Interactive itself. Big Ant Studios are not developing it. The SARU have confirmed all their teams in the game. I would also expect the nz and aus sides as well

The sources that I have is ARU, NZRU, SARU, GDE Distribution and HES Interactive itself. Big Ant Studios are not developing it. The SARU have confirmed all their teams in the game. I would also expect the nz and aus sides as well

Interesting- brilliant for us Southern Hemisphere fans.

Ross also said today that HB don't have the England license either, meaning they'll be releasing a RWC game that doesn't feature a single previous champion - include one that will also be the host

A friend of mine doesn't understand all the acronyms for the gaming industry and is wondering what may or may not be coming out this year?

Purely for a friend, mind. I understand ALL of it.

A friend of mine doesn't understand all the acronyms for the gaming industry and is wondering what may or may not be coming out this year?

Purely for a friend, mind. I understand ALL of it.

Haha tell your "friend" that he needs to work on his 'Google-fu'

It seems both the RWC Game, developed by HB Studios in Canada and published by BigBen interactive, will be out this year. So will Rugby Challenge (RC) 3, which will be published by HES (Home Entertainment Suppliers - An Australian based games publisher) and developed by an as yet unknown company. Finally Rugby League Live 3 (RLL3) will be out within the next month or so, developed by Melbourne based BigAnt interactive and published by HES.

Haha tell your "friend" that he needs to work on his 'Google-fu'

It seems both the RWC Game, developed by HB Studios in Canada and published by BigBen interactive, will be out this year. So will Rugby Challenge (RC) 3, which will be published by HES (Home Entertainment Suppliers - An Australian based games publisher) and developed by an as yet unknown company. Finally Rugby League Live 3 (RLL3) will be out within the next month or so, developed by Melbourne based BigAnt interactive and published by HES.

My "friend" is super appreciative. "He" read through the thread linked here, just confused further.

Will be interesting to see the results! Cheers buddy!

My "friend" is super appreciative. "He" read through the thread linked here, just confused further.

Will be interesting to see the results! Cheers buddy!

No worries mate - I'd be wary of the World Cup game - no licenses from any former champs and developed by the guys who made the awful Rugby 15. Rugby Challenge 3 is a bit of an unknown quantity at this stage, but has the big licenses by the sounds and may have the architecture of the Sidhe Interactive ***les. RLL3 looks the pick of them so far - BigAnt made massive progress with their second ***le and by all accounts this new game is a huge leap as well.

Although if you're not into Rugby League you may not enjoy it as much.

No worries mate - I'd be wary of the World Cup game - no licenses from any former champs and developed by the guys who made the awful Rugby 15. Rugby Challenge 3 is a bit of an unknown quantity at this stage, but has the big licenses by the sounds and may have the architecture of the Sidhe Interactive ***les. RLL3 looks the pick of them so far - BigAnt made massive progress with their second ***le and by all accounts this new game is a huge leap as well.

Although if you're not into Rugby League you may not enjoy it as much.

I had the first Rugby Challenge and all I wanted was a decent career mode to be honest. If the new one does a half decent effort I'm not too worried about the international teams.

Interesting on the call about RLL, may have to get into league a bit more. Better than nothing! Thanks for all the help.

Thanks for all the info. Wasn't the licenses the only thing Rugby 15 was good at?

TSC, mate I just noticed in your email that the SARU mentioned a license to their 7s side - pretty promising for RC3 given RLL3 will include 9s. HES doing some good stuff here by the looks.

I'm actually looking forward to getting Rugby League live 3, Be a pro will probably be a game mode i wont get off. Rugby Challenge 3 i'll judge when i get some screenshots off it.

Latest posts