• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby quiz question

Ok, an easy one.

Having played 100 international caps is becoming less of a rare thing these days, with Andrea Lo Cicero having joined the centurions club a few weeks ago, and Tony Woodcock the likely next member. However, there was a time when this was really a rare thing, with only a single player having over 100 caps played exclusively in the amateur era. Who was this player?

Ok, an easy one.

Having played 100 international caps is becoming less of a rare thing these days, with Andrea Lo Cicero having joined the centurions club a few weeks ago, and Tony Woodcock the likely next member. However, there was a time when this was really a rare thing, with only a single player having over 100 caps played exclusively in the amateur era. Who was this player?

Good question. I'm thinking David Campese (who I know has 100 caps), but he may have played a few games in the professional era?

Good question. I'm thinking David Campese (who I know has 100 caps), but he may have played a few games in the professional era?

I think he did, although I can't think of a professional team he played with other than the Wallabies - I have a sneaky suspicion it was Phillpie Sella, partly because ZeFrenchy asked the question.

Nick is right in both senses. 9 of Campese's 101 caps were professional. Philippe Sella played all his 111 caps in the amateur era. Back to you TRF_nickdnz.

Okay. In which game did Marc Andreu make his debut for France?

The squad that toured NZ in 2009 was pretty experimental, so a lot of players made their debut there. I'm gonna say, the second test of that tour.

Ok here goes:

Who was the one non Welsh player to be involved in the greatest try ever score by Gareth Edwards for the Ba Ba's.

Latest posts