• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Hard Man

I think a lot of people are reading "rugby hard man" and thinking of people like Chabal because they're big, intimidating and physical, I'm not too sure about that.

A player such as Schalk or Bakkies who really play with their bodies on the line (espesially Schalk, I'm still amazed at how he just -owns- a ruck after nearly ending his career with a spinal injury) are pretty tough, Krige was a tough ******* of note too, in the way that they play.

But I hardly think anyone can beat Buck Shelford in this case.

hmmm... there haven't been too many Australians in recent years you could add to this list...

I'd give an honourable mention to George Smith not just because he's a tough player, but he's only ever missed one game due to injury in his careeer...

In the past for the Wallabies there is one of my favourite all time players - Willie O!

hmmm... there haven't been too many Australians in recent years you could add to this list...
[/b]
You could surely add Owen Finegan. Hard in a mongrel kind of way.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
You could surely add Owen Finegan. Hard in a mongrel kind of way.
[/b][/quote]

True, one of Eddie Jones' mistakes was dumping him for Cockbain for the 2003 World Cup.

:lol:

What about Brendon Cannon? he unleashed an awesome punch on Mealmu back in 2004

I still maintain that Henry Honiball one was of toughest players ever... And Ollie le Roux agrees with me!

Collins, the only to have the balls (excuse the pun) to **** infront of all the women and children of New Zealand. Brilliant! For those who havent seen it here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v_MPiK9ATg&NR=1

And with respect to the youtube link, do we want a pervert coaching our national team?
Joking aside i do honestly think he was the hardest of New Zealand rugby, i wouldnt want to get into a scrap with jerry of all people.

Gordon Tallis was a hard man but Kevin Tamati was a killer. Troy Flavell had some mungrol in him and he was a hard c#%t. But Shelford has to be top of the list.

Yeah Brendan Cannon did unleash on Kevin Mealamu, but didn't the nugget just stand there and take it? That was pretty hardcore...

Is Sione Lauaki the one who had 'that game' against Australia this year? If yes: LOL @ Original post.

He's still a montser though

I would add,Tony Woodcock and Guthro Steenkamp

For a laugh, I'm going to add Shaun Edwards to this shortlist. A tough ******* and a nasty piece of work in his day.

Yeah Brendan Cannon did unleash on Kevin Mealamu, but didn't the nugget just stand there and take it? That was pretty hardcore... [/b]
Yep... he sure showed Mealamu.

r25545_63191.jpg

Latest posts