• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 18

It looks like it's moving in the right direction which is the main thing. Who knows, if one of these rugby games are successful in the future perhaps we'll see EA Sports come back and make our dream game...
I've never played rugby 08 but I have rugby 06 which is so fun, the features on there are great. All that needs to be done is build off a game like that and modernise it and you're well away.

It looks like it's moving in the right direction which is the main thing. Who knows, if one of these rugby games are successful in the future perhaps we'll see EA Sports come back and make our dream game...
I've never played rugby 08 but I have rugby 06 which is so fun, the features on there are great. All that needs to be done is build off a game like that and modernise it and you're well away.
They've just revealed they will have the license for the Welsh national team also- https://twitter.com/rugbythegame/status/875012178667085824

Saw this thread and foolishly got my hopes up that this was a new EA rugby entry.

I can say without a shadow of doubt that this game will be utter garbage.

Hmm is it just me or is it not looking as terrible as first expected?

Just looks like rugby challenge to me and I didn't like that, much rather play rugby08.

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/rugb...te-list-of-teams-in-the-game/803139449865820/

RUGBY 18 - THE COMPLETE LIST OF TEAMS IN THE GAME

RUGBY 18·FRIDAY, 22 SEPTEMBER 2017
65 official teams and more than 2,000 professional players will be playable from around the world! Check out the full list of official teams that will be featuring in RUGBY 18:
  • AS Béziers Hérault
  • ASM Clermont Auvergne
  • Australia
  • Aviron Bayonnais Rugby Pro
  • Bath Rugby Limited
  • Benetton Rugby
  • Biarritz Olympique Pays Basque
  • CA Brive Corrèze Limousin
  • Cardiff Blues
  • Castres Olympique
  • Connacht Rugby
  • Dragons Rugby
  • Edinburgh Rugby
  • England
  • Exeter Rugby Club Limited
  • FC Grenoble Rugby
  • Fiji Rugby Union
  • Glasgow Warriors
  • Gloucester Rugby Football Club Limited
  • Harlequin Football Club Limited
  • Italia
  • Leicester Football Club plc
  • Leinster Rugby
  • London Irish Scottish Richmond Limited
  • LOU Rugby
  • Manchester Sale Rugby Club Limited
  • Montpellier Hérault Rugby
  • Munster Rugby
  • New Zealand
  • Newcastle Rugby Limited
  • Northampton Rugby Football Club Limited
  • Ospreys Rugby
  • Oyonnax Rugby
  • Racing 92
  • Racing Club de Narbonne Méditerranée
  • Rugby Club Massy Essonne
  • Rugby Club Toulonnais
  • Rugby Club Vannes
  • SA XV Charente
  • Saracens Limited
  • Scarlets
  • Scotland
  • Section Paloise Béarn Pyrénées
  • South Africa
  • Southern Kings
  • Sporting Union Agen Lot-et-Garonne
  • Stade Aurillacois Cantal-Auvergne
  • Stade Français Paris
  • Stade Montois Rugby Pro
  • Stade Rochelais
  • Stade Toulousain Rugby
  • Toyota Cheetahs
  • Ulster Rugby
  • Union Bordeaux-Bègles
  • Union Sportive Arlequins Perpignan
  • Union Sportive Carcassonnaise
  • Union Sportive Montalbanaise
  • US Colomiers Rugby Pro
  • US Dax Rugby Landes
  • USON Nevers Rugby
  • Wasps Holdings Limited
  • Welsh Rugby Union
  • WRFC Trading Limited
  • XV de France
  • Zebre Rugby Club

So they managed to get the Springboks, Australia, and All Blacks, but not the Argentina national team license.

So no Rugby Championship, no Super Rugby, and no 6 Nations

I just saw some footage of the game and most importantly I saw that they have a world league mode... They now officially have my attention.

I haven't really watched the gameplay videos but the clips they showed didn't look very good. I hope they improve gameplay first and foremost.

Game play looks average, but I'm intrigued they've got the big 3 SH licenses. Will wait for the reviews, but I might pick it up as I was a bit let down by the last RL ***le.

EA aren't coming back to rugby in a hurry, but I've often wondered if an organisation like the NRL or one of the big unions in Rugby could suggest some sort of software licensing agreement, whereby they basically loaned the tools the EA devs use to make Madden (seems more appropriate than FIFA).

It's getting very boring and frustrating to keep reading EA and rugby game in the same sentence. This misinformation only leads to absurd high standards for every upcoming ***le. EA never made a rugby game. EA subcontracted HB Studios, who themselves, made all "EA Rugby" ***les. HB also made Rugby 15 and the World Cup game.

Back to 18, I don't like what I've seen in videos, no offensive or defensive logic, attack is always flat. I'm not into world league aka fantasy career mode, would love to see a realistic career mode with real competitions, doubt it at this point but I would love provincial teams to get in the game so you can have a deep talent pool.

I wouldn't mind if they did a game with 6 imaginary teams (arcade style) but put all their effort into creating a decent gameplay for once. That would set a new benchmark for rugby games

Have seen the game trailer. The players look ridiculous huge, than they really are. A bit like they were on the Rugby Challenge series.

The game and I are average at best

That looks terrible. At the start I thought it had some similarities to Rugby 08, but your backline is always a jumble of players and are super flat as if they are on defense, it actually looked like the defenders were deeper than the attacking team. It also feels really slow, that ruck mechanic needs to work a lot faster than what it does as momentum and quick rucks aren't a thing it seems. Also it's stupid that when your wing gets some space on the side he runs as fast as the covering tackler flank, or his stamina runs out after running 20 metres.

Latest posts