• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

I got asked to ask it, you know if probably won't happen but there is no harm asking it mate, if you didn't enjoy the interview go and do it yourself!!! I worked hard for 3 months to get that interview and we talk to him again when the game comes out, sorry for not asking questions that yo wanted but I have boundaries of questions that I could ask before I started to record so I had to stay within those guidelines
don't listen to his crap cannon mate he probably gets put on his ass everyday then he takes his frustrations out on the forums!!! :/

I know, it is just a bit disappointing because you know the interview was the first very insightful source of information into rugby 15 and a few just don't appreciate it

Not trying to! I apologise if it seems like that I just want rugby games and the community to be as best as it can be

i guess he does have to cause who else is doing it i mean i appreciated it lot though

It is a pity that the company don't even want to speak to this very rugby forum despite being contacted. Their loss.

Last edited:
We all want rugby games to be the best as they can be, but we're very far from it. Just look at HB's other ***le, The Golf Club and tell me if this doesn't feel like a spare time project. I didn't like the interview because I barely could listen to what was said with the music and it felt like it was scripted by them. The only good question I thought was why no online, nevermind the bull**** response. But the line of questioning I would've followed it by asking how come The Golf Club is so amazing visually, so deep in customization, so diverse on game modes and so socially connected, while Rugby 15 falls short of a Rugby 2004 demo. We're not being respected as customers, and it ****** me off that people buy into the "we're focusing on gameplay" bull****.

We all want rugby games to be the best as they can be, but we're very far from it. Just look at HB's other ***le, The Golf Club and tell me if this doesn't feel like a spare time project. I didn't like the interview because I barely could listen to what was said with the music and it felt like it was scripted by them. The only good question I thought was why no online, nevermind the bull**** response. But the line of questioning I would've followed it by asking how come The Golf Club is so amazing visually, so deep in customization, so diverse on game modes and so socially connected, while Rugby 15 falls short of a Rugby 2004 demo. We're not being respected as customers, and it ****** me off that people buy into the "we're focusing on gameplay" bull****.

I tend to agree with this. People keep saying about how much of a niche sport rugby is, which in my mind would mean when making a rugby game you would take the time to get it right and do it ALL properly right from the start. This rubbish about releasing a number of games annually and improving as they go does not make sense to me. If someone who might have a slight interest in rugby decided to give this new game a go and was dissapointed by the lack of depth in the game, then theyre not going to go out and buy the next version of it next year are they?? Look at Rugby Challenge, i know a lot of people who were that dissapointed with the first edition that they wouldnt go near RC2 even though it was much improved.

RWC 2011 was blatantly released to cash in on the world cup, am i wrong for suggesting it feels like we are seeing history repeated? i mean does anyone actually feel like this game is sounding like its been done to a high standard and not rushed? No career, no online, only a couple of licences and yet when it gets poor sales and average reviews we will get fed the niche sport excuse again.

Honestly i hope the gameplay is nothing short of amazing so atleast it has something worth while in it but i really cant see myself buying something that is sounding like it has been done half assed.

I first came to this forum years ago now, for one major reason - EXCELLENT mods, that were recommended to me by several people. Mods so good that even EA/HB studios and others also knew about and joined this very forum.

It took me a while to get hold of the mods as there was a minimum post rule that I rushed with 'OH YEH', 'REALLY?' and other pointless spam replies to clock up my post count, which got me temporarily banned :p It filtered the divs out... After getting the mods, it was definitely worth the wait and they were pretty damned awesome, especially after doing absolutely everything possible with 08 and needing new and extra content.

What I'm trying to say is that these lads that run TRF have pretty much seen it all and added it all when it comes to 'any' Rugby game. Many of the old school readers of this game thread are conditioned Rugby game purists in their own right :p

Well done for getting your interview and thanks for sharing. I didn't manage to listen to it all as had things to do. Some advice I'd give is, next time, ask Morgan Freeman or James Earl Jones to do the voiceovers for you. Reshuffle the words to your "the interview was the first very insightful source of information into rugby 15 and a few just don't appreciate it" to roughly "My very first interview, Rugby 15. Appreciate the source of information, just a few of the insightful don't".
Sounds more humble dood :p and remember, You can't teach a father how to f**k...

I just can't get over the fact there isn't going to be a career mode on this game!

Looking a at the graphics as well I think it will look the same as rugby 08 modded, play the same (some areas better some worse) but rugby 08 at least had player form, injuries and other little things in world league career mode.

Why oh why after 6 years are we getting a worse product?

Well mainly rugby!! I amso enjoy call of duty and FIFA but I love rugby gaming and I really want it to get much bigger and that will only happen with developer support and the constantly better games hopefully from down on!