• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

I get where you're coming from, but I'm sorry we should not just 'put up' with shoddy games because we have no other options. Certainly not at full price. From what we've seen and read so far this game actually looks like it could be worse than RWC11, and that's saying something. You can't compare it to rugby challenge either because HB Studios HAVE been making rugby games for many years. Heck, they're technically responsible for the 'best' rugby game ever - Rugby 08. Rugby 15 seems like a massive step backwards so far - I'm happy to buy it to show support and hopefully contribute to the growth of the franchise - but it has to be at the right price relative to the quality of the game. If the game ships in anything close to its current form then I can't imagine spending more than £20-25 on it.

I have to wonder whether Kickstarter could have been used to up the budget and public awareness of Rugby 15. I certainly would have backed it if it meant contributing to a better overall product.

I definitely think kickstarter should have be used here. Then we could have chooses what functions we want like a carrier mode rather than them redoing the whole rucking system which still makes it worse the rugby 08!!!

Hard to judge anything of value from the clip...would love for BigBen/HB to release a proper trailer. As someone who works in communications/editorial/PR I always get incredibly frustrated when companies communicate these things so badly!

did u read the message before the clip in video started???

sure! but the video takes a static phase of the game. I appreciate it anyway

Was thinking there would be some passing or running but they were basically just screenshots. Can't be fussy though considering recording wasn't allowed.
there is new passing styles tough if u hold in a certain button it will be a pop pass not just normal passes :D

there is new passing styles tough if u hold in a certain button it will be a pop pass not just normal passes :D

Cool so does that mean the supporting runners vary their lines to utilise a pop pass or long pass? In 08 every one ran side by side at the same distance.

Hi everyone! i was at the rage gaming/computer exhibition in south Africa.Now i have been checking this forum on a weekly or half weekly basis just trying to get as much info on this game as possible. I was pleasantly surprised to see a rugby 15 booth at rage. they had a bunch of ps4 consoles with preloaded versions of rugby 15. Although the previous rugby ***les released was not that great it really kept me entertained for a number of years.
The game started and i quickly noticed that there is NO sprint option all the players just a run at full speed ( i don't know if the game was just a beta and did not have a sprint option yet but it was on exhibition at a gaming expo so i doubt it.) what i did like was the different passing options there was different buttons allocated for different types of passes so you can choose to do a pop pass for example rather than a normal pass. the good aspects stops there (just my opinion you might find more positives when you play). the game was full of errors. it was absolutely awful. The button configuration was a bit weird. The rucking system seemed impractical and i liked the old method better ( its probably just me resisting change). i was left disappointed and walked away before i even finished the game. I am not trying to bad mouth this game i just though i would give you an insight of the game from the perspective of someone who has waited in anticipation of this game in this forum. But hey at least i got a cool black shirt with the rugby 15 logo on it. For free!!
That sounds dreadful... How was the goal kicking?

each player will run the way according to the set play but if no set play the players will run in the way of your running style(flow)(e.g if 1 player runs back while passing the others won't necessarily do the same :D)

each player will run the way according to the set play but if no set play the players will run in the way of your running style(flow)(e.g if 1 player runs back while passing the others won't necessarily do the same :D)

Thanks for giving us insight. Pity there's no sprint though. I suppose jogging was rarely used in 08 unless you were Bod and no one could tackle him from behind at any speed haha that was ridiculous.

Thanks for giving us insight. Pity there's no sprint though. I suppose jogging was rarely used in 08 unless you were Bod and no one could tackle him from behind at any speed haha that was ridiculous.
no prob, i think the used to be sprint button is occupied by the different passes now :/ not sure

I'd imagine the strength with which you press down the thumbstick will dictate the player's speed.

I'll buy this game to show my support for such a niche market, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a lack of purchases, thereby stopping the game from being released year on year. I wouldn't be surprised if beyond a RWC15 game to cash in next year, this franchise goes absolutely nowhere. Think I'll stick to RC2 :/

Shame really, as a rugby game if done right could bring in so much revenue, and more importantly; FUN!! :D

I doubt it'll undersell, plenty people still believe this is made by EA or it's a masterpiece or both. When they figure out it's not it'll be too late, reviews might kill a sequel though.
I really don't get this "Rugby 08 is the best game ever made" when it's a piece of crap. I agree at the time it was the best rugby game ever made, but it was sub par even then. If it wasn't for Rugby Challenge 1 and 2 patch blunders and poor reviews no one would remember 08. I made lots of criticism for the game breaking bugs on the RC series but there where also game breaking bugs on 08, like the injury and score freeze, the infamous conga line and the broken set plays that were played on, so don't think I'm rooting for RC, I just don't see the praise for 08, it was ok back then, but it was as poor as RC 1 and 2 were. And everything we now about 15 points it'll be worse than all the broken games we played before.