• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Roster update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome update

Just have a question to ask do you guys have an accurate list of the star players that you have swopped or used. THX

I have swopped will genia and george gregan, carlos spencer and quade cooper, lawrence dallaglio and andries becker, T.Umaga and Ma'a Nonu, it really boosts their real style of playing and makes those oppositions harder which i personally think are harder oppositions in real life. and i would like to give Jaque Fourie a Star quality, maybe Jauzion's Star but i see he doesnt have it any more so a list of changes to the star players would be great THX> Thx for all the great work i dont know what i would do with out all these mods.

Maybe just maybe the next rugby game will be developed by people like you, who actually put effort into the work, cheers look forward to any replies

Just one thing which I'm not a huge fan about, every players stats are in the 80's pretty much it is pretty boring, because you can't expose weak defence like you could without the mods. Is there anyway of modding stats down? Not every player is 80+ strong or 80+ tackling, just because they are centres doesn't make it so. Or 80+ speed. I just feel the stats are not very accurate, and someone like Robbie Fruean who is a 104kg centre and who has been pounding the **** out of Super 14 defences this season has a lower strength rating than other players in his team like wings and other centres.

Otherwise, love it, the names are accurate, faces are 95% spot on, thanks for it mate.

Last edited:
Hey dude i agree with you to an extent....

I've been playing the game a long time now and have found you need to ballance out the stats the way they have in the last updates, in fact i find it so easy to break defence especially after about 5 phases that i have used the woosa editor to set a global setting of 95 for tackling and 95 for rucking just to make it tougher. What i suggest you do is get the rugasmic woosa editor and edit Robbie Frueans stats into the late 90's and give him 100 strength as well as crashball, tackle breaker, playmaker and scoring as well as check box 9 10 11 to boost him up above the rest.
Lets face it Professional rugby players stats are in the 80's and its just the exceptional who stand out so i think the stats are accurate, i think you just need to go and edit the players you feel deservant. You could also swop him with jason shoemark which will give him the star capabilities of tana umaga, i gave Ma'a Nonu that star and it works nicely, now when i play against the caines or new zealand nonu breaks the line more than not. I also set the forwards stats for all the players in the 90's to make it harder, cause lets face it they are doing all the work.

Cheers mate good luck.

Hey dude i agree with you to an extent....

I've been playing the game a long time now and have found you need to ballance out the stats the way they have in the last updates, in fact i find it so easy to break defence especially after about 5 phases that i have used the woosa editor to set a global setting of 95 for tackling and 95 for rucking just to make it tougher. What i suggest you do is get the rugasmic woosa editor and edit Robbie Frueans stats into the late 90's and give him 100 strength as well as crashball, tackle breaker, playmaker and scoring as well as check box 9 10 11 to boost him up above the rest.
Lets face it Professional rugby players stats are in the 80's and its just the exceptional who stand out so i think the stats are accurate, i think you just need to go and edit the players you feel deservant. You could also swop him with jason shoemark which will give him the star capabilities of tana umaga, i gave Ma'a Nonu that star and it works nicely, now when i play against the caines or new zealand nonu breaks the line more than not. I also set the forwards stats for all the players in the 90's to make it harder, cause lets face it they are doing all the work.

Cheers mate good luck.

Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate it.

Sorry for asking but this is the first time ive tried to add anything into my game. Anyway i just downloaded the Roster Only link can someone please tell me what to do from there? thanks heaps.

Sorry for asking but this is the first time ive tried to add anything into my game. Anyway i just downloaded the Roster Only link can someone please tell me what to do from there? thanks heaps.
I think (i haven't done it in a while) you copy the folder, which will be called "*whateveritsnameis*.ros" to the folder in "My Documents" (which is normally: My Documents\EA SPORTS(TM) Rugby 08) then in the game you load it up in the options/settings or whatever (it'll say Load/Save, then theres arrows at the top to change to "Rosters" then the roster will be there)

Cheers man but now its saying i have used all my days on the free trial on WinZip? is there anyway to get around that?

Download WinRAR, it does everything WinZIP does, but when the "trial" runs out, it still works, it just tells you whenever you open it that you need to buy it, but it still works

I tried this patch. The player skills seem to be a problem. Every time I play a tournament, weak teams like Namibia, Uruguay come in front of SA, NZ, Australia...
Also, I found a couple of players that have missing textures. I remember JP Pietersen has a missing texture (the green over red thing, you know) on his face. However, at cutscenes, his face is fine. Another one with missing texture was an Argentine player. The missing texture part was only on his hair. I can't remember who he was. How can this be fixed?

I've come across a problem...i play world league with racing metro...I'm at round 4 or 5 and I'm supposed to play a team named beziers, but as soon as I try to play the match...the game crashes...How can i fix this

si eu care creadeam ca nu e nici un roman in afara de mine pe forum

Thanks the patch is working....but i only have 1 question....as soon as i play world leage and it comes to the transfer of players, the game bombs out when you go into the reqruitment screen? Can you maybe assist me with that, please

I tried this patch. The player skills seem to be a problem. Every time I play a tournament, weak teams like Namibia, Uruguay come in front of SA, NZ, Australia...
Also, I found a couple of players that have missing textures. I remember JP Pietersen has a missing texture (the green over red thing, you know) on his face. However, at cutscenes, his face is fine. Another one with missing texture was an Argentine player. The missing texture part was only on his hair. I can't remember who he was. How can this be fixed?
Try and update your graphics card or change the graphic settings ingame

I've come across a problem...i play world league with racing metro...I'm at round 4 or 5 and I'm supposed to play a team named beziers, but as soon as I try to play the match...the game crashes...How can i fix this
Download and apply the "Fixed WL Fixtures" patch from the 1st page

Thanks the patch is working....but i only have 1 question....as soon as i play world leage and it comes to the transfer of players, the game bombs out when you go into the reqruitment screen? Can you maybe assist me with that, please

Did you download and apply the "Fixed WL Fixtures" patch?

Thanks for the reply on missing textures! I'll look into it. I forgot to add the WL fixtures fix. I haven't played yet against Beziers and I haven't had a problem with recruitment except a guy from Beziers who appears like 100 times there, but if I install now the fix, will I be able to play the saved game?

si eu care creadeam ca nu e nici un roman in afara de mine pe forum

Hehe... Sunt mort dupa rugby. Din pacate Romania se cam duce dracului (nu numai la rugby :D). Apropo, daca stii cum se editeaza jocul si esti dispus sa imparti cu mine "secretul" sunt dispus sa fac cateva echipe cum ar fi Steaua, Farul, Baia Mare, Dinamo etc.

Last edited:
Great update bro squads are perfect.

Except i have a major issue with mine. In every game i have at least 2 guys have colourful hair? and all the players look the exact same like just normal is this becuase i have windows 7?

I have downloaded and applied the Fixed WL fixtures patch , the rest of the game is gr8 so far.

Thanks for the reply on missing textures! I'll look into it. I forgot to add the WL fixtures fix. I haven't played yet against Beziers and I haven't had a problem with recruitment except a guy from Beziers who appears like 100 times there, but if I install now the fix, will I be able to play the saved game?
You'll still be able to play that saved game yes, but if you apply the WL fix you'll need to start a new WL for the patch to take affect.

Great update bro squads are perfect.

Except i have a major issue with mine. In every game i have at least 2 guys have colourful hair? and all the players look the exact same like just normal is this becuase i have windows 7?
No it isn't because you have windows 7, I have win7 too and it runs fine...did you download the the roster patch as well as the roster only patch or just the roster patch?

I have downloaded and applied the Fixed WL fixtures patch , the rest of the game is gr8 so far.
Seems that bug could be a random one, will check what I can do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts