• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 on xbox360

I realise it's based on the fifa engine which is why I mentioned it ;)

Last version of madden I have is '05, you can't deny that the physics would be much better on that engine. As for new engine, modded engines etc it doesn't really matter as there is almost no chance we'll see a truly great rugby game unless it is produced by someone other than EA. I'd love to be wrong :(

Bennet was an absolutley phenomenal player in his time

EA rugby has aged but it was never anything better than ordinary really. The polish didn't bother me so much but the AI is just so unbelievably bad. Surely there hasn't been a worse sports AI this decade.

the old Fifa engine which (for some reason) isn't compatible with the 360

Nice to know. If there is an 360 version it gives me hope that something can be done about the AI.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Its better than having the fifa engine! [/b]

That's either "+1 PostCount" or a poor attempt at wit.

The mechanics of the game work perfectly well on what is a very solid platform to develop on (don't start all that "Fifa is crap rubbish", even games built on the Half Life source code could be rubbish, gameplay has nothing to do with the engine), it is the AI that lets it down. If anything, the Fifa engine is the smothest and best choice availible (especially when you consider how stop-start-reset Madden is in comparrison).

When you consider how clunky Madden is (especially 07 on the 360), Rugby would be taking a backwards step and the developers would have to start from scratch coding the whole thing.
[/b][/quote]

I like FIFA but feel that the madden engine wuld be better. To me Fifa seems a tad slow in response and I do prefer the madden engine to it!
[/b][/quote]

So you didn't actually read what I wrote?

what engine did they use for rugby01? i was playing it today after a couple years in the wilderness and it was pretty good! some things on 01 were heaps better than 06 and it's a versions 5years back!

<div class='quotemain'> Its better than having the fifa engine! [/b]

That's either "+1 PostCount" or a poor attempt at wit.

The mechanics of the game work perfectly well on what is a very solid platform to develop on (don't start all that "Fifa is crap rubbish", even games built on the Half Life source code could be rubbish, gameplay has nothing to do with the engine), it is the AI that lets it down. If anything, the Fifa engine is the smothest and best choice availible (especially when you consider how stop-start-reset Madden is in comparrison).

When you consider how clunky Madden is (especially 07 on the 360), Rugby would be taking a backwards step and the developers would have to start from scratch coding the whole thing.
[/b][/quote]

disagree totally...apart from the inadequate graphics which are really poor for 2007, i'd much rather see the smoother animations found in madden where the AI react to believable jukes and sidesteps which vary in their execution, rather than watching the exact same retarded animation for a sidestepping, tackling, hand offs or shoulder barges found in rugby 05-08. madden 07 may be clunky on the 360 but it is known that the pc and ps2 versions are much better, and the hype and videos previewing madden 08 show significant improvements in their predecessors.

therefore, the fact that EA would have to start recoding the madden engine is perfectly acceptable, considering the fifa engine wud have to be either ditched or totally reworked for next gen platforms nehow, and that the madden engine has already proven to be the best medium to implement a running game.

you all seem to be missing or intentionally ignoring an obvious reason for why theres no xbox(the orignal) version. bill gates declared the xbox dead months ago if not last year i don't think any new games have been made for it this year. i might be wrong about that though.