• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14: W Force v Blues

It's just the way he is, reputations mean nothing to Nucifora. He benched Harrison and Gregan at the Brumbies and thats the reason they told him to **** off.

13-6 at the half

- Luke McAlister is the man - Even if just for his Goal Kicking
- These Aussie commentators are f***ing horrible
- Pisi Blows
- Kaplin is full of ****

John Afoa for the Win! See Ya in the Semi Finals.

Now while he's at it, he should eat the Aussie Commentators.

yayah!! blues are the mantis!! haha

33-6.. awesome they somehow got the bonus point win!

Wow, what a boring game. Whether the Blues get a home semi or not I question their ability to go much further than that. It's obvious that guys like Flavell and Braid are suffering from having played every single game and not getting a rest. They are way off their best and look extremely fatigued and lethargic out on the field and now the opportunity to give them that rest is gone.
As for the Blues play tonight well it looks like their backline play is starting to wither and die just as anything does when left unused for too long.

Man how's theffort from the Blues front row?
Good game from Devine as well, looked really in control AND welcome back McAlistar... you'd have to be blind not to realise that him beng missing from the past couple of games opened the door from some of the other teams trying to get a spot in the semis.

Looks like two kiwi teams in the semis... shame it wasn't three... shame it wasn't four.

If the Canes and the Highlanders has their big boys early on.... NZ would have been on top

EASILY.

oh for sure... the 'canes really suffered because of the re conditional program
hope the sharks or the bulls lose hehe

Can only hope, but really looking at who they are playing, not going to happen.
In some ways shame the draw ended with these match ups, would have loved to have seen the Canes take on the Bulls at home for the Bulls to get their spot or the Sharks take on the Highlanders at home to get theirs... but that's they way it is.

Two Kiwi teams in the finals is looking pretty good, Tri Nations to follow... and then the big one.
Apparently this is where the big bad boys from the North show us how to play rugby, realy looking forward to seeing this.

Looking at the Kiwi's and the Boks, plus it's not to hard to put a winning Ozzie side together, really look forward to what they are going to show us.

Am I the only one that thinks the blues managed to cheat their way into a bonus point ?

I mean no doubt they deserved to win, played really good and the force just plain downright sucked.

But, that 3rd try was a bit dodge to say the least :D
Not that it matters I suppose but it could affect home semis.

At the very least the sharks are basically secured of a semi spot and if they win with even just 4 points they'll be top of the log going onto the semis.

the bulls should take the fourth spot and if they win by enough the third spot (*here's hoping they put on a points difference of 45 points against the reds, should give them 3rd seat *).

oh for sure... the 'canes really suffered because of the re conditional program[/b]

Yeah it's hard for us fans to get over that but I keep reminding myself the 1st priority = World Cup.

Wow, what a boring game. Whether the Blues get a home semi or not I question their ability to go much further than that. It's obvious that guys like Flavell and Braid are suffering from having played every single game and not getting a rest. They are way off their best and look extremely fatigued and lethargic out on the field and now the opportunity to give them that rest is gone.
As for the Blues play tonight well it looks like their backline play is starting to wither and die just as anything does when left unused for too long.
[/b]
I think the conditions more than anything affected the backline play, hopefully it should be sorted this week with McAlister shaking off a months rust and better conditions - whether it be in Sharks Land or Blues land.

Yeah hopefully, but that still won't rest players who need a rest unfortunately. As for the Blues managing to cheat their way into a bonus point win, well it's up to every side to try sneaky stuff to win and if you get away with it then more power to you. It's not Kev and Ali's responsibility to make sure they follow the rules, that's the province of the ref and the touchies and it was their mistake that allowed it to happen.
Hell it seems pretty fair to me considering the Bulls got exactly the same sort of try before halftime against the Blues and the Sharks with their illegal play in the ruck as well. I reckon that most teams have gotten away with a dodgy try or two and it all evens out in the end.

yeah those sneaky tries could win a game!!

i know first XV, 2005, the opposition scored a try whilst running outside of touchline!! i mean WTF!

anyways i hope the stormers and the reds upsets the sharks and the bulls hehe, sorry south Africans

it happens in almost every game where a player will try to get a quick throw in with the wrong ball. most of the time the ref and touchies do not allow the quick throw in. the ref and the touchies screwed up majorly.

You'd think the Ball Boy had shot one of the commentators mothers the way they were going on about it.

I thought the commentators were blaming the refs? They didn't blame the ball boy, cos Ali asked for the ball lolz..

Lucky win for the Blues.. It's likely they'll be playing the Crusaders in the semis..
If that happens, I hope the Bulls beat the Sharks, and it'll be a home final for the Blues!

Don't really see how it's a lucky win - the Force were destroyed in the Foward Battle and they were rushing their passes because everytime one of them touched it he had 3 Blues interdoucing his face to the mud - if the Conditions would've been better it would've been a rout.

F.UCK :ranting:

McAlister wont be able to play in the semi now. He's flown back to Auckland after a hamstring problem.

On behalf of the Force i'd like to apologize to the Brumbie fans for what was arguably our most pathetic performance of the year :(

Easily the worst game of rugby i've ever had the misfortune of attending...... just a weird weird night.

If i'd been told in February that we would finish in the top half of the table i would have been very happy with that - but i just cant help but feel that with a little luck we could have still been in the race right now.

I hope we manage to pick up Polota-Nau and Burgess in the off-season - but i doubt that would be enough for us to win it next year - I think we're a quality tighthead and blindside off becoming a champion team (and another lock would be nice :) ).

Latest posts