• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PROOF

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 18 2004, 07:04 AM
My university's rugby league team is doing **** -
And how is your League team doing now?

When I took over as matchday manager, played 3, won 1, drew 1 (I wasn't there, or we would have won) and lost 1 (against the champions).

We've got some cup competitions coming up, so hopefully we can do something with it.

Never any shame in losing to the champs, unless you thought you deserved it.

So, are you player/manager or just manager? And, more importantly, do you enjoy it?

Have you thought about having your lads train with the Union team like England Union did with Leeds
<
<
<
<
<

We're due to play a cross code game against the union team in April.

I LOVE being on the sidelines, it gives me a real buzz and I feel as though I'm in control of the way the match swings, especially considering as during my first match in charge I outwitted a professional coach!

I do play sometimes, but only if needed, because I'm simply not very good and much, much more use on the sidelines.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 26 2005, 03:13 AM
I LOVE being on the sidelines, it gives me a real buzz and I feel as though I'm in control of the way the match swings, especially considering as during my first match in charge I outwitted a professional coach!
Well, very good to hear. Keep at it if you're enjoying it. If you outwitted a professional, it sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulder, but (and most importantly) the players responded to you, i.e. there was clarity of tactics.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and in the cross-code match. Will you be having your team round for sessions on Rugby 2005 to brush up on the Union side of things?

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Feb 26 2005, 07:28 AM
CA, I've only just noticed that big mama on your sig.
<

Me too!

<
<
<

She's awesome! Look at her clapping for that little Italian.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 25 2005, 07:26 PM
Well, very good to hear. Keep at it if you're enjoying it. If you outwitted a professional, it sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulder, but (and most importantly) the players responded to you, i.e. there was clarity of tactics.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and in the cross-code match. Will you be having your team round for sessions on Rugby 2005 to brush up on the Union side of things?
<
<
<

Not a bad idea at all. A few of our lads play for union teams as well, so they can cover the basics. My attitude to it: put the ball up your jersey and take it up. If you get within sight, go for a drop goal. (That's all the "world champions" do
<
)

The league season has finished now (sadly I couldn't stop us finishing bottom, the damage was long done by the time I got there with 5 straight defeats) but we have a big one off cup game on wednesday against Lancaster in what's known as the Lancashire Cup, and we are also in a knock out competition.

I intend to lift the Lancashire Cup (we're more than capable) and maybe reach the Quarters of the knockout cup.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Feb 26 2005, 10:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 26 2005, 10:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 25 2005, 07:26 PM

Well, very good to hear.  Keep at it if you're enjoying it.  If you outwitted a professional, it sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulder, but (and most importantly) the players responded to you, i.e. there was clarity of tactics.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and in the cross-code match.  Will you be having your team round for sessions on Rugby 2005 to brush up on the Union side of things?
<
<
<

Not a bad idea at all. A few of our lads play for union teams as well, so they can cover the basics. My attitude to it: put the ball up your jersey and take it up. If you get within sight, go for a drop goal. (That's all the "world champions" do
<
)

The league season has finished now (sadly I couldn't stop us finishing bottom, the damage was long done by the time I got there with 5 straight defeats) but we have a big one off cup game on wednesday against Lancaster in what's known as the Lancashire Cup, and we are also in a knock out competition.

I intend to lift the Lancashire Cup (we're more than capable) and maybe reach the Quarters of the knockout cup. [/b]
Well let us know how you get on on Wednesday. Best of luck!

who needs training equipment

my coach always said if you can't beat the f*** out of each other than all that training equipment ain't worth jack ****.

Its pretty funny too

we played some school who had all these training apparatuses for rucks etc and they ahd a scrum machine lol...

They asked us what we used and we were like ehm weuse each other lol

Latest posts