• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 16

Quins fans will moan if he's overtly harsh on them. Saints fans will moan if marginal calls go against them.

The whole stupid situation could be avoided by not putting him in charge of Quins games. More than it being unfair to both clubs in the middle. Ii seems unfair to put him in that position.
So like every game in the history of rugby

I'm actually disappointed with the way Dickson has developed as a ref. Given his playing career, I thought he'd have a lot more of a feel for the game than he does

Is that him, or is that him trying to ref how his paymasters want him to ref and worrying about how he's going to be assessed?

If you believe everything you read on here, no match has ever been reffed competently and the likes of Barnes only get grudging respect once they hit 100 tests or have retired! Players and coaches make a lot more mistakes than refs!

Maybe? Although, my disappointment is more with his interpretation/application of laws. They're often odd and overly officious which I find strange for someone who played the game at a high level fairly recently. It could be on instruction, but it feels more of a personality trait.

Sale Sharks Starting XV:
15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Rob du Preez, 12. Manu Tuilagi, 11. Arron Reed, 10. George Ford, 9. Raffi Quirke, 1. Bevan Rodd, 2. Luke Cowan-Dickie, 3. James Harper, 4. Cobus Wiese, 5. Josh Beaumont, 6. Ben Curry ©, 7. Sam Dugdale, 8. JL du Preez.

Replacements:
16. Tommy Taylor, 17. Si McIntyre, 18. WillGriff John, 19. Ben Bamber, 20. Hyron Andrews, 21. Gus Warr, 22. Sam James, 23. Tom O'Flaherty.

No surprises there, really
Raffi/Ford/Manu on a plastic pitch will have me on edge the whole game,
Would've liked SJ to start but I say that every week

Concerned about this game, we alway play poorly against Newcastle, think the last time we won away there was 2016 or something like that

IMG_4827.jpeg

A pretty strong team to be fair, a little bit of rotation as we've seen most weeks in the later part of the season. Litchfield and Freeman are two meaty centres.

Tompkins and Cinti on fire in that attack then,
Tompkins stepping like a Fijian 7s player

Really nervey rugby. Both sides seem to be taking the "this is knock out rugby" way too far

Could be a red, this

Edit: actually is there any head on head? Or does Itoje's head hit the ball/Barbeary's arm as he raises it? That one angle didn't look like it

Think the other angles show enough for it to be a yellow tbf

Could be a red, this

Edit: actually is there any head on head? Or does Itoje's head hit the ball/Barbeary's arm as he raises it? That one angle didn't look like it

Think the other angles show enough for it to be a yellow tbf
Yeah, yellow is fine. Head on head, but Alfie's side step took all the danger out of it.

For Segun as well - but hats off to Pearce for making a decision without taking out time with the TMO. He had a really good view of it, even if I (obviously) disagree with him.

For some reason, I'm now less sanguine about Segun being on the pitch

Latest posts