• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 18

Oof. An in form Esterhuizen is probably intimidating enough for experienced players, let alone a kid making their first start.

Ref: Adam Leal (14th Premiership game).
TJs: Neil Chivers & Jamie Leahy
TMO: Dean Richards.
Saturday, Kingston Park, 3pm

Newcastle:
15 Mike Brown
14 Tom Penny (c)
13 George Wacokecoke
12 Matias Orlando
11 Adam Radwan
10 Will Haydon-Wood
09 Cameron Nordli-Kelemeti

1 Trevor Davison
2 George McGuigan
3 Mark Tampin
4 Greg Peterson
5 Sean Robinson
6 Josh Basham
7 Connor Collett (c)
8 Gary Graham

16 Jamie Blamire, 17 Adam Brocklebank, 18 Richard Palframan, 19 Rob Farrar, 20 Will Montgomery
21 Louis Schreuder, 22 Brett Connon, 23 Pete Lucock

Bath:
15 Tom de Glanville
14 Tom Butt
13 Max Clark
12 Max Ojomoh
11 Will Muir
10 Danny Cipriani
09 Ben Spencer

1 Valeriy Morozov
2 Jacques du Toit
3 D'Arcy Rae
4 Mike Williams
5 Ewan Richards
6 Josh Bayliss
7 Miles Reid ©
8 Nathan Hughes

16 Tom Doughty, 17 Lewis Boyce, 18 Ma'afu Fia, 19 Will Spencer, 20 Sam Underhill
21 Joe Simpson, 22 Jonathan Joseph, 23 Joe Cokanasiga

Captain Szyslak!
That's a record low for us this season, of just the 2 academy players out there (Richards and Ojomoh).
Hope we're confident that all those injury returnees are actually ready

OPTA STATS

● Newcastle Falcons suffered defeat in their last home fixture against Bath Rugby in the Premiership (19-38 in March 2021); however, they emerged victorious in the four meetings prior to that, claiming a bonus-point on one occasion (29-12 in February 2018).

● Newcastle Falcons are winless in their last seven Premiership matches (D1 L6), their longest run without a victory since a seven-game sequence between October-December 2015, which was halted by a win at home to Bath Rugby in January 2016 (19-14).

● Bath Rugby have lost their last three games in the Premiership after winning the previous two, conceding 40 points or more twice in this current run; they have also lost their last 10 away matches in the league, with their last win coming against Newcastle Falcons in March 2021 (38-19).

● Bath Rugby have lost each of the three games this season in which they have been leading at half-time, with their two wins both being come-from-behind victories. Comparatively, Newcastle Falcons have gone on to win three of the five games in which they've been ahead at the interval (D1 L1).

● 23% of Newcastle's tries in the Premiership this season have originated from counter attacks (7/31), the highest ratio of any side; meanwhile, Bath are one of three teams to have scored over a fifth of their tries following a turnover (23%, also Wasps 25% and Bristol 24%).

● Newcastle Falcons (1624) and Bath Rugby (1517) have completed fewer tackles than any other team in the Premiership this season. Bath also have the lowest tackle success rate (84%), whilst Newcastle Falcons have completed the fewest dominant tackles (33).

● Newcastle Falcons attempted 37 kicks from hand in last weekend's round of fixtures, the most of any side, whilst Bath Rugby attempted 28 kicks from hand, the joint-third highest amount, despite having attempted the least throughout the course of the season so far (315).

● Bath Rugby have conceded more penalties than any other side in this season's Premiership (212), whilst Newcastle Falcons have conceded the second fewest (161, just one more than Harlequins).

● Bath Rugby's Valery Morozov was one of two players to concede four penalties in last weekend's round of fixtures, alongside Newcastle Falcons' Adam Brocklebank.

● Newcastle Falcons' Will Haydon-Wood carried for 141 meters in last weekend's round of fixtures, only the fifth time a fly-half has put up more than 100 carry meters in a Premiership game this season.

Ref: Adam Leal (14th Premiership game).
TJs: Neil Chivers & Jamie Leahy
TMO: Dean Richards.
Saturday, Kingston Park, 3pm

So Dean is suspended for his Referee outburst...then gets a gig in the TMO box...?? :D

1645797903545.png

- Ashton's first start
- Nic Dolly back after about 6 weeks out
- van Poortvliet (vc)

Just bought mine too

Minor annoyance but the bloody "Buy your pass on our website" adverts on the app aren't clickable so you've got to go out the app and manually type it in
Lazy ass developers (I can say this because I am one)

Are you required to watch on a phone/tablet? Would be a dealbreaker for me, I'm not interested in watching on a tiny phone screen

Yeah, app only (for now?)
I'm casting from my phone --> Chromecast fine, though

How was that not a penalty for rolling on the floor? Worcester player rolled like 5 times.

Latest posts