• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Powergen Cup

scarlets squad

Scarlets: L Byrne; M Watkins, D James, R King, T Selley; M Hercus, D Peel; I Thomas, A Gravelle, J Davies, I Afeaki, A Jones, J Mills, S Easterby (capt), A Popham.
Replacements: D Williams, M Rees, H Louw, C Wyatt, C Stuart-Smith, G Bowen, M Jones.

Nice to see Mark Jones on the bench, between him and Wilkinson the physios will be the most nervous people in the whole of west Wales
On a side note played aginst Mark at youth level....made me look a right c@~t
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 7 2005, 09:56 AM
the blues will shock wasps

im not saying therell win - but i think theyll get bonus point.
<
20-0 half time

they nearly got a bonus point

great game - wasps played amazing first half

blues played alot better the second and show people what they can do when on the front foot.

What was the argument I got about Wasps not being able to absolutely own Cardiff?

As I said, Wasps are an awsome side, and are certainly capable of beating anyone in Europe.

IMO Scarlets will be sole representives for Wales in the semis.

Northampton and Bath are too serious about the competition.

Wasps, bar a little period in the second-half, sounded like they were on top of Blues. I tried watching it on the BBc website, but it began to slow down, but I did manage to catch Lewsey's try, which showed Wasp's defensive brillance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
IMO Scarlets will be sole representives for Wales in the semis.[/b]

We'll have to see this evening then won't we?
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 8 2005, 10:05 AM
dont write of the welsh regions just yet.
You're becoming more and more like an oracle every day, making all these cryptic statements and then saying 'wait and see'

i know something

that is why im confident of at least two welsh regions being in the semi's
and i can guarantee a welsh side will be in the final

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 8 2005, 10:11 PM
Right;

Group 1;

Bath
Gloucester
Bristol
Ospreys

With Gloucester in this group, the Ospreys have no chance, regardless of if their taking it serieously or not

Group 2;

Wasps
Blues
Irish
Sarries

Wasps are in the group. Enough said. (Hell, Van Gisbergen could win the group on his own, in his current form).

Group 3;

Newcastle
Sale
Scarlets
Leeds

An open group, but Newcastle are one of those teams that win when they really shouldn't. It'll be a slog fest between them and te Scarlets.

Group 4;

Northampton
Dragons
Leicester
Worcester

Leicester should walk this group in theorey, but their not taking it seriously. Worcester are always a dark horse, and a win today against Leicester will put them straight back into the fold. However, Northampton and the Dragons are the main contenders for this group and tonights fixture should really decide the groups winners. Advantage Northampton for 2 reasons; 1. The game is at Franklins Gardens and 2. Last time the Dragons came to Northampton, they were thumped 35-11 by Solomons Saints; The worst Saints side in history.

Plus us fans are not going to let them hear any dupport if there is any anyway.

i know something

You sound nearly as confident as when you predicted Blues to beat Wasps last night.

My bet for the final would be Northampton and Wasps, if they don't meet in the semis.

i know something

Blues practically out of the group, Dragons actually out of their group.

Lora's faith has now been invested in a Ospreys side that have already lost to Gloucester and a Scarlets side, who I think will qualify, but have to beat Falcons tomorrow or are practically out.

That confidence is not well founded is it?

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Oct 9 2005, 07:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 9 2005, 07:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SmokeyMonkey
@Oct 7 2005, 09:51 AM
Northampton 18-26 Dragons - Sticking my neck out
And the guillotine comes down.

32-7 [/b]
Sounded like a vintage performance from the Saints tonight, with your half-backs doing partically well.

<
<
<
<

Best Saints performance I've seen since the start of last season. The scoreline flattered Newport in the end, they didn't deserve 1 point let alone 7.

Robinson and Spencer were electric, Sharky's try was a particular highlight. King Carlos completely owned Sweeney all night, a performance smattered with moments of magic.

Reihana was brilliant, Lamont always looked dangerous, and Cohen is starting to get back to his best. Watch out! Haven't seen a performance that solid in the Saints centres for ages, Quinlan and Clarke were so solid all night.

The pack were generally superb, but special mention has to go to Selbourne Boome. He was absolutely immense, involved in everything, one of the most instrumental players on the pitch. If only he hadn't suffered so many injuries last season, he may have fulfilled his potential earlier.

Still, not complaining. Decent result against Leicester and we're through. Couldn't have asked for much more.

<

well done saints - looks like there starting to find there feet - which is good as they are one of the more entertaining english sides.

i have faith in the ospreys today

Latest posts