• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Plans for NZ and SA traditional tours

been talk about it for a while, this is from earlier in the year

i kind of have mixed feelings as i feel a lot of the sacrality has been diluted by playing teams like Aussie and RSA as much as we do, and this will just add more of it

i kind of have mixed feelings as i feel a lot of the sacrality has been diluted by playing teams like Aussie and RSA as much as we do, and this will just add more of it
Isn't that due to the lack of top tier teams to play in the SH? We have seen the big decline of the Wallabies, and now SA not being part of SR has impacted the ABs on and off the field. Always thought of SA and ABs as the equivalent of the El Classico of international Rugby.

Its its only every 4 years I'm fine with it replacing 1/4 of the RC. I just wonder how Arg and Aussie would feel about it. We could put 2nd string sides in the RC or would Arg and Aus rather do tours themselves as well, maybe tour Japan or emerging "rugby nations" like Chile or Uruguay.

Isn't that due to the lack of top tier teams to play in the SH? We have seen the big decline of the Wallabies, and now SA not being part of SR has impacted the ABs on and off the field. Always thought of SA and ABs as the equivalent of the El Classico of international Rugby.
its currently still huge but there was definitely chat pre and post RSA leaving SR about the repetitiveness....there was a couple of years in the 2010's where we played RSA 3 times and Aussie 4 (3 RC and 1 bledisloe), Argentina coming in has helped

I was kind of keen for the RC to become a every two year thing so would be RWC - RC - Lions - RC cycle

Latest posts