• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pat McCabe expected to retire

He hasn't actually retired yet. As the ***le says, many expect him to, but nothing if official.

Anyone have the video of his injury against British Lions? I was looking for and didn't find

McCabe retires:

Wallabies winger Pat McCabe has been forced to retire after persistent injury, fearing that any further damage to his neck would have life-long consequences. McCabe emphasised that he was blessed to be able to "walk away from the game" after his third broken neck in the last two years.

Reflecting on his career, McCabe said, "I was never the biggest, strongest or fastest ... I just worked hard and got the most out of my limited potential. I walk away knowing I did the best I possibly could." The Brumbies winger still has one year remaining on his contract and will work with the ACT club next season in an off-field role.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ail&utm_term=0_53e97ccfb4-b6cf90c9b5-63589685

"I was never the biggest, strongest or fastest ... I just worked hard and got the most out of my limited potential. I walk away knowing I did the best I possibly could."

Nice words from a humble player and a great gesture of Brumbies have given a job after his rugby career

Last edited:
Pity that players have to go out like this. Hopefully he can be a mentor to those who play rugby, and make them aware of the injury risks in the game.

McCabe retires:

Wallabies winger Pat McCabe has been forced to retire after persistent injury, fearing that any further damage to his neck would have life-long consequences. McCabe emphasised that he was blessed to be able to "walk away from the game" after his third broken neck in the last two years.

Reflecting on his career, McCabe said, "I was never the biggest, strongest or fastest ... I just worked hard and got the most out of my limited potential. I walk away knowing I did the best I possibly could." The Brumbies winger still has one year remaining on his contract and will work with the ACT club next season in an off-field role.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ail&utm_term=0_53e97ccfb4-b6cf90c9b5-63589685

"I was never the biggest, strongest or fastest ... I just worked hard and got the most out of my limited potential. I walk away knowing I did the best I possibly could."

Nice words from a humble player and a great gesture of Brumbies have given a job after his rugby career

What a genuine fella, I hope he has success in whatever he pursues next.

Latest posts