• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official axed over Mitchell's Yellow

Wow good ding dong going there!

Danie Rossouw deserved his card in my opinion. He was clearly looking for a reaction from McCaw. More often than not the reatliator (not sure if an actual word) is the one caught, but this time it wasnt. He did do it right under the referees nose.
But as for mitchell. It is great to see referees being held accountable... after all its not like they are unpaid volounteers and they obvioucly have an effect on the product as a whole. He did desreve the second one though.
As for the South Afirca vs the world... should they be used to that byt now? They would be the most excluded sports nation ever would they not?
In 1995 they exploded out of the sporting wilderness by winning the World Cup and have steadily grown. They now seem to be slipping away and i reckon only a change in coaching/admin will halt the slide.

I counted 5 at least. That's my best haul ever. But I'm sure I can do better still.

Oh please spare me!!!! That is just a load of horse's cock stormer, and you know it.

You're just buying to this "poor me" syndrome. Its the "siege mentality" attitude that has Saffas seeing anti-Springbok conspiracies around every corner.

Your nation was reborn in 1994, but its citizens apparently haven't grown up yet.

Wessels being stood down has nothing to do with his being a Saffa, and everything to do with the fact that he recommended a yellow card for an offence that was not a yellow card offence. If it had been any other referee, the same thing would have happened.

The problem with it was that, while it was in itself not a critical error, it led to serious consequences later.

What the fvck next... Justice4Cobus!!!

You have to admit that the firstly while Bakkies the idiot did in fact head but Cowan the yellow card given to him was ridiculous and inconsistent as it was for a professional foul ie slowing the ball down in the red zone and that was very early in the gamr with no warning to the team or the player , in fact it could have been the first offense evens, Mccaw on the other hand received his 3rd warning in the red zone in the 40th odd minute with no cards , not evens gonna mention Franks offside play at the ruck but there is video footage on the net about it. Then in the Aussie game BJ Botha was binned for a similar foul but just about 10 mins before that Pocock was found guilty of the same foul , now bearing in mind that the ref saw that and he did cos he awarded the boks a penalty for it the question is where is the consistency ? Then the other question off course is why is Rolland also not dropped cos he made blatant mistakes just like Joubert ?

If you can answer that without prejudice then you have a case about us being paranoid , unfortunately you cannot , the evidence is there.

Wow good ding dong going there!

Danie Rossouw deserved his card in my opinion. He was clearly looking for a reaction from McCaw. More often than not the reatliator (not sure if an actual word) is the one caught, but this time it wasnt. He did do it right under the referees nose.
But as for mitchell. It is great to see referees being held accountable... after all its not like they are unpaid volounteers and they obvioucly have an effect on the product as a whole. He did desreve the second one though.
As for the South Afirca vs the world... should they be used to that byt now? They would be the most excluded sports nation ever would they not?
In 1995 they exploded out of the sporting wilderness by winning the World Cup and have steadily grown. They now seem to be slipping away and i reckon only a change in coaching/admin will halt the slide.

Actually when i looked at the tape I saw that Mccaw tapped him on the leg , he tapped back , both were silly and did not warrant a penalty evens. Danie is not known to be a dirty player in general.

that was because he stood on McCaw's hand, anyway Springboks are useless get over it

that was because he stood on McCaw's hand, anyway Springboks are useless get over it

Seems you are starting to do this everywhere now. Please remember this message when we thrash New Zealand at Soccer City. Make no mistake, we will win all of our home games, starting with a good 'bringing-back-down-to-earth' of the All Blacks.

I would wait until the team sheet is on the board, as I have a sneaky suspicion that P Divvy will cock it. The form that NZ are in at the moment will make them tough to beat even at home.

LOL , no worries buddy , last year some saffies fans said the same thing about the ABS , look what happend this year , fark that as recent as the S14 most people said that about the ABS, remember 2 SA teams contested the final with the Bulls winning their second consecutive trophy while the other SA side that competed in the final beat all yup thats ALL the NZ sides in the comp including a 33-0 against the highlanders if memory serves me right. Thats without taking into account how the Bulls massacred the highly fancied Crusaders , speaking of the crusaders , remember the game before where they lost due a highly controversial try on the end ? Who was the whiners then ?

The truth of the matter is that NZ played very well so far but they not unbeatable , SA and our provincial sides showed us how we can beat them and consistently as well , A guy like Schalk (yes I am shamefully bias) won something like 8 times in a row against NZ opponents which included 3 test's last year until the Trinations this year. The point is 12 months is a looooong time in the rugby world and the question remains will the ABS keep it up come next year. Besides you still need to play in SA which and things might not go your way re the ref , who has been very favorable ruling against the ABS. Like it or not its a fact that the ABS got the rub of the salt and in some cases extreme favoritism , however this comes with the territory and it will balance itself out in the coming games I believe.

So jaa this useless bunch of rugby players will most likely win a few more times against your mighty team , I hope you stick around (which I highly doubt) when that time arrives.

Yes true , he did it to get a reaction I suppose , a lot of guys do it , silly off the ball things that they claim was a innocent mistake but its bait to get that reaction from the player and milk a penalty. Mccaw to his credit then turned it around and what can only be described as a kindergarten school punch to his leg and Danie retaliated.

I love this. The AB fans are chirping like champions again. They had a year to simmer and took their revenge. Good on your boys. We were caught napping and our response was non existent.

I reckon the playing field will level out again (depending on selections like someone pointed out earlier), Bokke and hopefully the ref as well will be alert to AB play at the breakdown and be be up for it at Soccer city. Expect a very hostile crowd and a snotklap from the Bokke.

Yea I'm sure Paddy O'Brien has sent that youtube link to everyone in his contact list

Several posts have been reported from this thread as clearly some people are getting wound up over this issue.

Please play nice everyone, I don't want to have to spend my time pruning and deleting posts which deliberately are antagonistic. Just remember this is a forum to discuss rugby guys, not a youtube flamewar.

Seems you are starting to do this everywhere now. Please remember this message when we thrash New Zealand at Soccer City. Make no mistake, we will win all of our home games, starting with a good 'bringing-back-down-to-earth' of the All Blacks.

Ahahahaha. What you've sacked PDV already?

when was the last time the Springboks thrashed the All Blacks anyway? Can't actually recall that ever happening

Latest posts