Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

• Sydney Roosters

• West Tigers

• Total voters
well in that case, to get on with the footy in a truly fashionable way, you'll have to support the Brisbane Broncos
[/b]
Why?
Who is Wendell Sailor going to go off and play for?
I always liked him actually *dodges thrown rotten vegies*

<div class='quotemain'>
well in that case, to get on with the footy in a truly fashionable way, you'll have to support the Brisbane Broncos
[/b]
Why?
Who is Wendell Sailor going to go off and play for?
I always liked him actually *dodges thrown rotten vegies*
[/b][/quote]

Quite simply it's because the Broncos are a truley beautiful and wonderful team in a football sense. No time to write a big article telling you why lol.

I have no idea who Dell is going to play for. He may not even play at all.

O'Rath... I suggest you support the Warriors.

Why???

Because they're the only non-australian based team.

O'Rath... I suggest you support the Warriors.

Why???

Because they're the only non-australian based team.
[/b]

meaning you they'll never win the NRL

beware of the non based aussie teams in an aussie administered comp :p

[/b]

^HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY THE REF!
HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY THE REF!

:bleh!:

Nah Melbourne Storm mate billy slater,Greg Kafusi non-nsw team going to win the premiership in 2007 cant go wrong. :cheers:

[/b]

^HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY THE REF!

:bleh!:

Nah Melbourne Storm mate billy slater,Greg Kafusi non-nsw team going to win the premiership in 2007 cant go wrong. :cheers:
[/b]

1stly...we didn't pay they ref
2ndly...you are quite aware that we were superior on the night, and there were calls that went against both our teams in equal amounts
3rdly...you're very correct in saying a non-nsw team is going to win the 2007 premiership, the only thing is that it is going to be the Broncos from QLD not Storm from bloody Vic.

<div class='quotemain'>
Oh crap... Not this again! :eek:

Seriously though :p Support the Storm! :D
[/b]
What's all this "Pay the Ref" stuff about?
[/b][/quote]
In 2006 the Storm pretty much dominated the competition, only lost 5 games or something and were run away winners for the minor premiership (1st place finish at the end of the regular season). Anyway, both the Broncos and the Storm made the Grand Final, the first time in the NRL's history it was two non NSW based teams. The match did not live up to expectations, being a scrappy drab affair, which the Storm lost 15-8, two tries a piece. Many claimed for several reasons that the Storm were robbed, with a series of questionable decisions. Others refused to believe this and believed that the Broncos were the better team. However, Bill Harrigan who was also officiating the match (video referee I think) said that Paul Simpkins (who refereed the match) had 'deadset got it wrong' when he refereed the match and believed that the Storm were treated unfairly. Others have agreed, the panel on NRL Deluxe believed the referees had made many wrong decisions affecting the result of the match. Anyway, it's done and dusted now and I couldn't really care less since I live in Brisbane. Hopefully Melbourne can do one better this year :)

Yeah, I watched the Grand Final last year. Some big guy retired from the Broncos, I believe. That game is what got my curiosity up about the NRL. I don't know if they'll show the regular season this year (I have been thinking that they showed the Grand Final to see how much interest there is in the US).

Yeah, I watched the Grand Final last year. Some big guy retired from the Broncos, I believe. That game is what got my curiosity up about the NRL. I don't know if they'll show the regular season this year (I have been thinking that they showed the Grand Final to see how much interest there is in the US).
[/b]

you say SOME GUY retired??? That SOME GUY is regarded by most as the best prop in rugby league since 1995!!!

Hopefully they do televise the NRL in the USA because it would be a travesty to miss out on the worlds most entertaining rugby league competition.

Its great to see the NRL get a run in America. :D
[/b]
I wouldn't exactly call it a run. If it's shown it's on Setanta sports, which is a Pay channel only available on one satelite provider. Most people here don't even know what rugby is, let alone being able to comprehend that there are two kinds of rugby...
It might as well be aussie rules for all most people care.

<div class='quotemain'>
Its great to see the NRL get a run in America. :D
[/b]
I wouldn't exactly call it a run. If it's shown it's on Setanta sports, which is a Pay channel only available on one satelite provider. Most people here don't even know what rugby is, let alone being able to comprehend that there are two kinds of rugby...
It might as well be aussie rules for all most people care.
[/b][/quote]

Yes my old man was rather annoyed when AFL was taken off fox. :D I couldent see any NRL only pommy rugby of which standard i cant comment cos i haven't seen a super league match before. Dont worry o'roth you will get some people into rugby drunken channel surfing rules. :bleh!: If AFL can get a gig on setanta so can NRL. :D

I have to ask this what is a yank doing following rugby or are you a transplant pom,Australian etc. :) Do what i did follow the team that you went for with the first match of NRL you saw.The first i saw (i live in South Australia Aussie rules territory) was the 1999 NRL grand final i went for Melbourne and never looked back. :D

There are multiple scenarios going into the reasoning behind my obsessions...
I instantly loved rugby from the second I saw it (caught it randomly on television). Then I spent some time in the UK when I was 19 (a university thing) and worked along side a guy who was devoutly trying to convince me of the superiority of his sport. Then, while in college playing football, I was approached to play sevens...I thought brilliant, I can work on my fitness during the summer and play this game I was developing a bit of an obsession with. Then I totally converted. Throw in the fact that I interned in Europe, married my bosses daughter (They're from N.Ireland but live in Brussels, so the fact that I knew so much about Irish Rugby was always impresive to my father in law) and the fact that I loved Crocodile Dundee and the whole 80's American obsession with all things Aussie, you have me: an American obsessed with Rugby longing to move to either Ireland or Australia (more likely the former as that's where the family is).

That is the simplified version...

0,,5392505,00.jpg

Apparently Russel Crowe gave it to Snoop as a gift last year...
I wonder if Snoop knows what Rugby is?

0,,5392505,00.jpg

Apparently Russel Crowe gave it to Snoop as a gift last year...
I wonder if Snoop knows what Rugby is?
[/b]

they are very excited about rugby league

after the concert, snoop and posse went to the roosters v tiger trial match up the road at aussie stadium

anthony mundine also lending a hand in upping the rugby league profile in the US.

south sydney is the Redfern HQ - which in a sense the Aussie/sydney equivalent of Harlem or The Bronx - where the poor/strapped cash aborigines reside - in which u can see how rappers can relate to Souths.

Latest posts