• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton Saints Thread

I still don't know why you went for a daffodil as the new badge.
I'm not aware of a particularly strong Welsh connection - despite Biggar in the recent past

IMG_5490.jpeg

Furbank named as captain. While I'm not keen on backs captaining the team, I can't fault him doing a sterling job end of last season.

For some reason i prefer Captains at hooker, second or back row. No real reason than my own twisted logic and pro-forward bias.

Still George is a good shout if its going to be a back.

I think Furbank will make a good captain. The trouble with picking front row players as captains is that they're usually off in the final quarter which is often the critical part of the game.

For some reason i prefer Captains at hooker, second or back row. No real reason than my own twisted logic and pro-forward bias.

Still George is a good shout if it's going to be a back.
I was previously told it was better for a forward to be captain due to more consistent proximity to the ref, especially during stoppage and set piece situations.

I think that has some truth in it, but ultimately, you pick the best person for the job irrespective of position and with a lot of change in Saints' pack, I'm not sure there was a standout candidate who is also a guaranteed starter.

Latest posts