• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

nick williams must be banned for 2 years.

You know the elbow is only the back of the arm, not the front?

not sure that's right mate, the Elbow is the joint that links the lower and upper arm, you have anterior and posterior elbow components etc...

So Technically he did elbow him, but it's not what i would call elbowing someone.

So Technically he did elbow him, but it's not what i would call elbowing someone.

Which is exactly the point (no pun indended).

The reason "elbowing" someone is dangerous is because of the hardness and sharpness of the elbow point - being hit with the pit of the elbow joint has nothing to do with being "elbowed", anymore than being hit with the pit of the knee has with being "kneed".

Which is exactly the point (no pun indended).

The reason "elbowing" someone is dangerous is because of the hardness and sharpness of the elbow point - being hit with the pit of the elbow joint has nothing to do with being "elbowed", anymore than being hit with the pit of the knee has with being "kneed".

Completely agree mate, was just being a pedant =D

You know the elbow is only the back of the arm, not the front?

His arm twists after the initial contact, but that's not the same as being elbowed - which implies contact was made with the point of the bone.

"Err... it was the bicep that made contact with Patchell " (your previous claim)

So, are you saying (anatomically incorrectly) that he hit with the front part of the arm at elbow level, which apparently in your anatomy isn't your elbow, or is that part of the arm now the biceps to which you referred earlier?

The contact is made with the lower portion of Williams' Biceps and Brachialis - not his ****ing elbow.

After the initial contact he continues the motion and you could argue that his elbow and brachioradialis brush against Patchell, but if you think that's what caused the damage or is in any way significant to the event then I don't know what to say...

Last edited:
The contact is made with the lower portion of Williams' Biceps and Brachialis - not his ****ing elbow.

After the initial contact he continues the motion and you could argue that his elbow and brachioradialis brush against Patchell, but if you think that's what caused the damage or is in any way significant to the event then I don't know what to say...

You might want to Google that one again. It would be pretty difficult for his biceps(no such thing a s bicep) and his brachioradialis to 'brush' against Patchell's head, since one is on the upper arm and the other is part of the forearm. Ergo, the elbow would have to contact the head first is the arm is moving upward. QED.

Wow, such poor comprehension.

...seriously, have a word with yourself.

ouch, looked bad and deliberate. Should have been red and come with a 6 week+ ban but I dont think its 2 year stuff.
to me the contact was clearly made with the forearm, it was basically a swinging arm.

4 pages. who did he kill? It seemed half hearted to me.
He is pretty stupid and would like rid of him.

just gonna leave this here:

That's incredibly harsh.
Never seen that video before.
He just dropped the shoulder and powered through. Just an unfortunate incident again players complete the same movement and way of going through a tackle 100 times a game and this won't happen. Just bad luck. Doesn't warrant a penalty IMO let alone a red.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts