• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Kits for the World Cup

I think the Wallabies' jersey looks stupid. I think that even on buff players like Gregan it looks pretty daft! Whatever happened to straight lines and simple designs? :wall: [/b]

I agree with you. I was a fan of the recent Canterbury kits, with Scotland, Ireland and Australia using the same design with the different coloured panels under the arms. My favourite was the South African kit though which was as you say, nice and simple.

Now that I've seen the new Canterbury template I'm also afraid to see what the new Scotland kit will look like!

yea i agree, they all have a stupd looking design now, and the old template looked much better than the new one. the new design template hasnt brought anything new to the kits, just made them worse. there was no point in doing it , now all the shirts look very similiar, just wth different colours.

...now all the shirts look very similiar, just wth different colours. [/b]

Care to look at any of the previous kits?
I think you'll find that with any company when they make kits for more than one team, more often than not, the only difference will be a change in colour:
Canterbury, Kooga, Nike, Samurai etc.

yea i agree, they all have a stupd looking design now, and the old template looked much better than the new one. the new design template hasnt brought anything new to the kits, just made them worse. there was no point in doing it , now all the shirts look very similiar, just wth different colours. [/b]
Heaven forbid a Rugby shirts never previously had one of two possibnle designs; A plain coloured shirt or a two-toned hooped shirt!

Canterbury kits for the world cup look awesome, def gonna get myself one when their released in august! Go bokke!

serious? you like the [miss] england kit complete with sash?
fair enough, i guess somebody had to.

canterbury have had a 'mare with their new range. they look horrendous.
samoa look tidy.

<div class='quotemain'> And also, Irelands is more or less exactly the same as Auzzies just green [/b]

Thats because they're made by the same guys...Cantebury.

Its like how France's strip is the same as England's only..blue.

Also the new Aussie strip continues Australia's fine tradition of being the official fashion disaster of World Rugby. It looks absolutely awful, if it grows on me, it'll grow like slimy mildew and I'll have to wash it off. [/b][/quote]

This jersey has been pretty ordinary, but the last couple were pretty good I thought. As for fashion disaster go though, how could you posssibly go past Nike's '03 RWC jerseys? I mean da-ya-m! The teams wearing those things looked like they'd caught the wrong plane on the way to the Tour de France!

didnt wales get a new one last year? i think the kit contracts last 2 years. therefore i think wales will take the kit they have at the moment less the sponsor to the world cup.

if you look at some of the footage from the latest ea game that got posted, the wales away kit is the one they have at the moment. and the game had the new canterbury world cup kits before they were released officially, so i reckon its a reasonable source.

okay so so far these are the rwc jerseys i know of.
i think they are pretty acurate but im sure they arent perfect.

all blacks home
rwc_nz_h.jpg

all blacks away
rwc_nz_a.jpg

england home
rwc_eng_h.jpg

england away
rwc_eng_a.jpg

france home
rwc_fra_h.jpg

france away
rwc_fra_a.jpg

australia home
rwc_aus_h.jpg

south africa home
rwc_sa_h.jpg

shame really, i thought france had one of the more distictive looks in rugby. they always look sharp, like the italians.

The new French Kit is smooooooth, like midnight love. I'm gonna have ta get me one of those...ahhhhh yeah.

And now.....The latest, most craziest design for a rugby jersey today

THE CANADIAN RUGBY WORLD CUP JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

large_RCC022.jpg

shame really, i thought france had one of the more distictive looks in rugby. they always look sharp, like the italians.
[/b]

I have to say, I quite like it. I can't even put my finger on why. Which is going to bug me now.

And now.....The latest, most craziest design for a rugby jersey today

THE CANADIAN RUGBY WORLD CUP JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

large_RCC022.jpg

[/b]

Holy identical to the old one, Batman!

Also (on a side note), cool Ava!

Latest posts