• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

new kits 2009-2010

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Oct 17 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why the F*** can't Nike have France play in the proper F***ing shade of blue? Even the away one is cack and here I was about to buy one this year.[/b]
In case they have to play New Zealand in the WC... ;)

I love the new France jerseys. Probably the best thing about them is the lack of a sponsor's logo emblazoned on the front.

rfu-60791.jpg

cool.

I think the new France kit will grow on me, especially when I see it played in. They definitely are trying to make the home kit look a bit more traditional, however, the away kit looks like Chabal masacared a tailor's shop...ha ha. Not that I don't like it, it's just different. I guess the national team has to keep up with Stade Francais a wee bit.
Lastly, I'm just glad England and Frances Kit (as well as Toulouse) don't look identical.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swansea99 @ Oct 29 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
rfu-60791.jpg

cool.[/b]

Get out...before I ban you out.

Seriously, why can't they just have white and be done with it?! Why do we need some stupid royal purple?! Why do I have to listen to Welsh people whinge endlessly that their Scarlet Jerseys are "ever so slightly too light a shade of scarlet to actually be scarlet"

I honestly thought we were saved from all this pretentious crap about jersey colours when Nike came back with the proper England kit which they had ruined between the years of 1999 and 2009. But noooooooo....now we have to listen to the Irish wring their hands over what shade of green their Puma jerseys are going to be...

Jesus bloody wept...you bunch of retards.

Personally, I don't think it's THAT bad. At least there aren't any large swooshes or swipes on the shirt. It's simple, and has some historical meaning behind it (England did wear purple tracksuits in the past).
Besides, how often is the away kit going to be used during its lifespan? 2-3 times maximum. As for the Scarlet arguement, I have always believed that it is not to light nor too dark. IT'S RED for pete's sake!

Edinburgh:

delucagodmanweb.jpg

delucagodmanneonweb.jpg

Specially designed as a Limited Edition shirt to celebrate the 1872 Cup derby matches (with Glasgow), the brand new Edinburgh third shirt, designed by Rhino, is likely to become a valuable collector's piece.

That implies someone is going to buy it in the first instance....

http://www.edinburghrugby.org/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Nov 20 2009, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Nov 19 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
USA is now sponsored by ADIDAS go figure news to me

2a80nsg.jpg

166kbrd.jpg
[/b]
I wouldn't nececarily say sponsored. I think the adidas kit was a "Oh crap, what do we do? Let's call WorldRugbyShop.com and order their team kit," which is exactly what that is: http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/departments-...rsey--red-.html
[/b][/quote]

So are you saying there still with Canterbury or did the hole damn company go out of business like the Europe branch? Cause if so why would we just use the old version of the Canterbury one and wtf is up Canterbury did you forget about the U.S. :redcard: . I was about to be really ****** cause it such a **** kit!

Sounds like Newcastle doing the same and buying off the shelf Nike kits a few years back.

newcastleh.jpg
newcastlea.jpg

Remind you of anything...
Abendanon-Saxons-280507.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Nov 20 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/shop-by-team...gby-jersey.html
The Shame is they're charging $74.99 for it, which mean they're charging $30 for the embroidery of the USA Rugby Logo.
You can get the previous season Canterbury kit for that price now, and it least it was custom designed for the Eagles.

FAIL.[/b]

yeah it is i emailed American Rugby News and the editor said this to me. "According to Nigel Melville, USAR is working w/Adidas right now on a trial basis. The idea is to suck it and see and then determine whether there’s potential for a formal relationship between the two in 2010." Brian [email protected]

and just saw that Nigel Melville himself just replied to my post on his blog

Nigel Melville said...
With Canterbury going bust we have been looking for another partner, Adidas are very interested and working with us this fall. Beyond that, nothing is agreed for the future.

Latest posts