• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

Agreed, Rich Taff.

Great effort from Froome. Quintana should have enough, but he may be in for a tough day tomorrow.

Have to disagree there. Not really part of Froome's character.

It seems Dario Cioni (Sky's manager) has confirmed today that Chris was quite angry because he wanted to pass the finish line with Quintana ( I think it'd have been quite exciting). Today they have toasted with champagne so all is quite...

It seems Dario Cioni (Sky's manager) has confirmed today that Chris was quite angry because he wanted to pass the finish line with Quintana ( I think it'd have been quite exciting). Today they have toasted with champagne so all is quite...

They do seem to get along well. To be honest, there don't seem to be too many amongst the peloton with anything bad to say about either of them.

Great win for Geraint today! I reckon he's gonna be right up there in the GC even if he is the lead out man for Froome. My predictions for who wins the tour are as follows:
1. Froome
2. Porte
3. Quintana
4. Thomas
5. Aru/Bardet (not so sure here)
Valverde abandoning is massive Quintana will be hit massively by this. Froome hasn't been in his best form but he'll pull it out of the bag I'm sure to win the tour especially with such a good lead out man. No doubt though that he'll get a ton of abuse from fans and there'll once again be claims that he's on drugs.

Thanks a lot for the Information about the cycleing , It will help me a lot ..................

Froome's to lose. G out on stage 9 as usual, and nasty fall for Porte (especially after he'd told Aru what he thought of him after he attacked when Froome got a mechanical)

Yep definitely, I can't see anyone really challenging him now. Aru looks strong but he'll crack at some point. Froome was outstanding in the stage on Sunday as too was Uran. One of the best stages I've seen since Andy Schleck went on the break all day and won in the mountains.

This has been a very quiet thread.

Froome deserves serious plaudits for his 4th TDF win as do his Sky team mates who delivered it to him on a plate. The margin was small, but apart from one dodgy day, he really had it under control. Le patron indeed.

After a couple of near misses, I really hope he can add the Vuelta.

Froome looking good, bar accidents for the double. Really strong performance from the team.
Also, how crazy strong is this lineup for the Tour De Britain? Really have to try to remember to make it down for the finish in Cardiff.
TSTDB.PNG

Yeah Froome looks very strong. I see only Nibali as competition for the vuelta now as he's the only rider within a minute of Froome. Big week ahead though.
That's an incredibly strong lineup for the tour of Britain, I really hope that I'll be able to make it to Cardiff also to see the finish as it's not too far from where I live.

Couple of cracking days in la Vuelta. Froome should be OK and, for once, rugby's going to have to take a back seat on Saturday afternoon.

I was hoping for Nibali to take a few seconds out of Froome to make it interesting for Saturday. I still want Froome to win though of course!
The stage on Saturday is huge though, if you haven't seen it have a look at the map. Gonna be insane!

And it was.

Great way for Contador to bow out although I reckon Froome could have had him if he'd needed to.

Brilliant once again from Froome and Sky. Froome is now cycling royalty joining just Anquetil and Hinault as the only men to have won both Vuelta and Tour in the same year, and the first since the Vuelta moved to September in 1995. Hats off to a great, and under appreciated, British sportsman.

Every time the DM post any story like this I just think of this instantly.

I'm absolutely gutted, team sky's reputation will be in tatters unless Froome can somehow account for the failed drug test.

Latest posts