• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

National Anthems

Originally posted by Gilhooley@Jan 26 2005, 06:54 PM
Blah blahhing about stuff.
<

You're right. I've never felt properly 'fulfilled' in a sports game either.
I think that after EA make a decent playing rugby game, (because they have enough money) they should make some decent unlockables for a change. None of this Big-heads, metal players bullshit. They need archive footage, or some World cup highlights etc to unlock for the real rugby fans to enjoy.

I'm too tired to write anymore.

They're all good points. Real unlockables and something that's actually worth playing for. That will be the day.

The anthems will be just like the ones in Euro 2004 with just the end playing well thats what i think it will be like

pro evolution has the best ones.

Each player recieving their medal

Team photo

Lap of honour etc.

Originally posted by cavan@Jan 27 2005, 01:46 AM
pro evolution has the best ones.

Each player recieving their medal

Team photo

Lap of honour etc.
Yes but sadly this is EA we are talking about and i cant see them doing anything like this.

that's true.

lol, remember in JLR whenever you won a cup with whatever team you liked, Jonah would still accpet the trophy in the cutscene.
<

Ya pro evolution was class! Winning the master league was quite somthing, if this game can get me dancing around my playstation as they show each player getting medalsn while you start spewing emotional **** like " I love you Baroja old boy!"

Did anyone else get attached to players in PES? Or was it just me?

That would be fufilling! But I think PES' beauty was that it was a challenge if this game provides a big enough challenge then the fufillment will come in the end, however that would be truly optomistic.

Originally posted by SAIRE@Jan 26 2005, 08:48 PM
Ya pro evolution was class! Winning the master league was quite somthing, if this game can get me dancing around my playstation as they show each player getting medalsn while you start spewing emotional **** like " I love you Baroja old boy!"

Did anyone else get attached to players in PES? Or was it just me?

That would be fufilling! But I think PES' beauty was that it was a challenge if this game provides a big enough challenge then the fufillment will come in the end, however that would be truly optomistic.
The best thing about pes is scoring a great goal. it happens very rarely, the defence parts for a split second upon which you execute the slide-rule through ball to the feet of the on rushing striker who delicately chips the onrushing keeper to finish a great move before peeling off the wow the crowd with his breath taking acrobatic celebration.

In rugby this could be equivalent to spotting a gap in the midfield and having the centre carve the perfect line to bisect the hapless opponents before bewildering the full back with an unstoppable sidestep or a perfectly timed (dummy) switch that wreaks havoc with the oppositions previously impervious defence.

If PES was rugby i'd never play another game again.

PES Master League is all about having fav players. It is truly special when they recieve their winner's medal.

Well, to those who have seen it, the national anthems look to have been done tastefully -- with the last snippet of the anthem of the home team being played as they pan down the teams lined up.

Now, I can only hope, wish and pray that they use "Ireland's Call" for the Irish.

Phonetically sung like:

OIrrrlund! OIIIIIIIIIIRRRlund!
Tay-gether standeeeeng taaaall!
Shal-dur! Tay SHAUUUuuuUUUldur!
We'll answooor, OIRRlunds caaaaaaallll!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 28 2005, 08:06 AM
a superb rendition capt. USofA ...

have you taken many singing lessons?
<

Many, many, many lessons. Though never in a classroom. No, no. Always in a pub. Ah bless.

Saw the other anthem thread and concur with your thoughts. Little snips, the most familiar/rousing part. As much as I love (and still hope they use "Ireland's Call") I'm also looking forward to La Marseillaise.

yeah, should be good to hear a few of the anthems alright ...

I would def enjoy havin the snippets going before every game, still play the intro to PES4 matches regular enuff, depending on who I'm playing and how important the match is...

I don't think everyone will just skip it out after they hear it once either... if it adds to the atmosphere without slowing things down, I think it'll be a great addition

If they play only snippets of the home team, then should Irelan have Amhran NaBhiann?? Excuse my spelling I've got mocks next week and as you can see I'm f**ked.

Come to think of it, they probably won't have any sung versions of anthems. Just the music, orchestrated as such.

So it'll be up to me to belt out: And the hooooooome ooof thaaa BRAAAAAVE!

I cant wait to hear the end of NZ's God defend Newwwww Zeeeeallland

There won't be any singing... its just a tiny bit of one anthem like fifa 2005! they suck!

Looking forward to hearing South Africa's Anthem - as it's comprised of three languages...

Surely if they leave out one of the languages, EA and HB will be accused of being racist (SA's national sport) and the game in this country will have to be called back so that they can "tweak" it, showing that the developers are in fact respectful to all cultures.

On second thought, Breyton Paulse (or one big name coloured player) was a white guy in R2004 - so chances are nil.

How many times have we said it, there will not be singing so there will not be an issue with racism.

Latest posts