• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most Underrated Player

superprop

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
It's tough, many will have different opinions as if everyone agreed the person wouldn't be underrated. I think it's Hines he brings a real hard edge to Leinster's pack and for a second-row has really good off-loading skills. If it wasn't for the fact that we haven't had a good scrummaging 3 it would probably be Ross. Also this is just an observation a lot of people from outside Ireland seem to underrate BO'D. Sorry that these are all Leinster players.

Andy goode. Yes hes fat but tbh is the best fly half worcester has ever had and actually isnt that slow. If you watched his try against cornish pirates u wud be amazed how fast he runs for a fat man. Also he organises the backs and forwards really well and is probably the reason y worcester scored so many tries

Well, I am happy he is gone now! Last year he was awful for the Sharks. Andy Goode, how misleading can a name be...

Well I do have a soft spot for big Sherri :/ But Sheridans a tank, a weapon to be used in the tight, coughed up a few gallops in the Autumn even. Jenkins is the more explosive, useful-in-a-fast-moving-game, flankerish kind of prop. They both have their uses for different games, like Sheridan was more suited to the up front battles in the 2009 lions tour IMO.

Well I do have a soft spot for big Sherri :/ But Sheridans a tank, a weapon to be used in the tight, coughed up a few gallops in the Autumn even. Jenkins is the more explosive, useful-in-a-fast-moving-game, flankerish kind of prop. They both have their uses for different games, like Sheridan was more suited to the up front battles in the 2009 lions tour IMO.
Eh, I disagree. Adam Jones and Gethin Jenkins sorted out the Springbok front row after Beast gave Vickery a rogering.
A fully fit Gethin on the field is often the difference between a win or loss for Wales and Cardiff.

A fully fit Gethin on the field is often the difference between a win or loss for Wales and Cardiff.

True, but I personally remember Sheridan practically eating Smit in the first scrum, I'll find a clip if I can and running over Victor Matfield in the 2nd test. Having said that Jenkins wasn't the weak link in that team.

Now my memory of the lions is jogged I reckon Shaw is quite underrated these days.

I think everyone rates Jenkins. Shaw has kind of gone down hill and Sheridan isn't that great.

P.S. Is this the fastest 200 posts ever?

Last edited:
Chris Robshaw of harlequins, the amount of tackles he makes in some games is rediculous. George North is going to be a fantastic player aswell

Andrew Bishop and his 94% season tackle sucess rate are very underrated. Dan Lydiate has arguably been Wales' player of the season this year, yet nobody seems to really rate him.

Leo Cullen and John Hayes are the two obvious Irish ones for me.

Dan Lydiate has arguably been Wales' player of the season this year, yet nobody seems to really rate him.
Hes not underrated hes just a different level of shite to the rest of the shite. Hes rated just fine.

Cullen is a good call.

I've never understood why more people don't rate Chris Czekaj...

Nick Abendanon, William Servat & Francois Trinh-Duc.

Who underrates Servat? Many consider him to be the the second best hooker in the world.

Some real quality players here. Not sure how many people underrate Heymans (4 HEC medals), Servat (best Hooker in the NH), or Jenkins (Probably the best allround prop in the NH). If they do, you should probably stop talking to them.

Who underrates Servat? Many consider him to be the the second best hooker in the world.

And some even consider him the best! That's true that he's not underrated. Trihn-Duc is rightly rated as well IMO.

Among the french players, I think that overrating is more of a problem than underrating. The most underrated french player I can think of is Jean Bouihlou, Toulouse's flanker. His problem is more one of size, though.

(here's a column by Will Greenwood about him: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...e-trust-unsung-hero-to-overcome-Biarritz.html)