• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most supported team in your state/city?

C

ChiefsFan

I know this seems like an odd question, but what tean (other than your home team) is the most supported team in your region. In Auckland there is a massive supporters league for the Hurricanes. I wouldn't be suprised if there are more Cane supporters than Blues supporters :p It probably has something to do with most of the Harbour supporters hating the Auckalnders and thus hateing the Blues haha.

i actually found when i was in auckland - the people were mostly warriors (nrl) or waikato supporters. at lest half the time i was the only auckland (union) supporter around!

and yes - warriors are a auckland team, but people dont even watch or follow their union counterparts nearly as much.

I've found that in every major city in RSA there is a large Natal Sharks support base. When the Sharks played the Bulls at Loftus in March, the crowd was about 60% Bulls and 40% Sharks supporters. Not forgeting that the Sharks home city, Durban, is roughly 600km away.

In also noticed that away games against the Falcons (roughly 700km from Durbs) in the Currie Cup, the supporters turn out to be 70% Sharks and 20% Falcons supporters. The other 10% just come to be drunk.

I also noticed a huge sharks fanbase here in Gauteng, especially here in Pretoria.

There are also tons of Province supporters up here as well, I'm often surprised to see so many of them at the rugby matches or even just walking arround on campus.

since i live in wellington i have found that there are no other supporters. well its really really hard to find other supporters.

i have found alot of canterbury supporters, but they are people that have either moved up to live with me, or i used to work with down in there (my work moves alot of people up from chch, cool eh)

down here in christchurch you don't support anyone but the crusaders!!!
we'll support anyone who's playing the blues though
always have a soft spot for the highlanders as well being southern neighbours and all

The reason most people support other teams in Auckland is because they're not true Aucklanders. Most are from south of the Bombay who came to the Big Apple for job opportunities and a better life than the ones they have with the sheeps. :p

Plus most of them are closet Auckland supporters, they just wont admit it.

As for the Harbour supporters, nothing more than envy plus the small brother syndrome....I much prefer the Northland supporters. :bleh!:

In Invercargill, it's 90% Southland then the Highlanders. After that it's generally the Crusaders and Hurricanes for the rest.

i reckon in melbourne, the majority of super14 fans go for the blues.... although rugby union fans are a minority in melbourne.

i reckon in melbourne, the majority of super14 fans go for the blues.... although rugby union fans are a minority in melbourne. [/b]

That's because the cafes in Melb is just as better than the ones here in Auckland, so when Aucklanders migrate over the ditch, they find the latte-sipping population of Melb to their liking.

In Canberra, we love our Brumbies and HATE the Waratahs, former Waratahs, the NSWRU and the Sydney rugby media. :D

For good reason.

<div class='quotemain'> i reckon in melbourne, the majority of super14 fans go for the blues.... although rugby union fans are a minority in melbourne. [/b]

That's because the cafes in Melb is just as better than the ones here in Auckland, so when Aucklanders migrate over the ditch, they find the latte-sipping population of Melb to their liking.

[/b][/quote]

so does that mean the term "JAFA" is becoming more common over here? :D

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> i reckon in melbourne, the majority of super14 fans go for the blues.... although rugby union fans are a minority in melbourne. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

so does that mean the term "JAFA" is becoming more common over here? :D
[/b][/quote]

Just Awwwsome For Aucklanders :cheers:

Bulls are the widest supported team in SA with about 4.1 million supporters and after that the Sharks with about 3.1 million.

I would agree that the Bulls are the most supported team in SA but they're not the widest supported team.

Lol yeah i know what mean but good luck on finding anybody out of Pretoria or the ou Noord Transvaal wearing a Bulls jersey!

Hulle hou nie by die blou nie :p

Just Awwwsome For Aucklanders :cheers: [/b]

you might also find it interesting that in melbourne, i'm out numbered by all blacks fans everytime a game is on! bloody freeloaders :bleh!:

in england most people like the crusaders for wateva reason and the hurricanes

Latest posts