• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Magners League 06/07

Ooooooh! Great game at rodney parade. Dragons were awesome in the 1st half, surely the Brew brothers will be involved with the welsh squad, Charvis was good but poor decision at the end. But what a backline! Sceeeeeeeeaaarlets!

As a Magners League Newbie, where would you recommend me being able to get to watch games and stuff... any particular channel???

Depends on your tv package, if you're with Sky you should be able to get matches on BBC Wales and S4C. That'll get you the matches involving the Welsh teams and if you want the Irish or Scottish games they'll be on Setanta.

Ahh cool, well I have Sky, so will try to catch some of them... try to get into some of it so I contribute to the Magners League

ummm this is gunna be a tough one, lyn has tinkered a bit putting hook on the bnech and henson at 10, im sure this is partly to do wif lyn maybe believing it is to soon for the young lad to compete in the local derby so early in the season.

the blues did the dbl over us last year so wud be nice to get some revenge.

shanks is strting for the blues and he looked decent for 20 mins against munster interesting battle in the centres between shanks and sonney parker

also at half back justin will be looking to marshal phillips, haha.

it could really go either way but i think itll be an high scoring game with the ospreys winning by a score.

I reckon the Blues will win quite easily, like they did last season.
But I'm gonna be supporting the Ospreys, one of the reasons being that I don't want a good Blues team hiding the fact that Dai Young is not a good coach!

Fantastic performance from the Gunners tonight to end the Ulster unbeaten record. We were alot better in attack and our defence was fantastic, so many times we smashed Ulster back and we didn't concede a try. The referee was sooo **** though, for us more than Ulster, but **** all the same. A good result and I hope this proves that we are true ***le contenders.

ospreys second strng were pretty dominant although a lil unconvincing in beating the borders 30-13

scarlets beat connacht 37-15 to continue there impressive run.

Shock result for the Warriors tonight, considering how consistently gash they are. Even though it was really a 2nd XV from Munster they did well.

yeah they did, i cant reall see an irish side winning this year apart from maybe ulster, munster and leinster are **** without there international firepower

i think its between

ospreys
scarlets
blues
ulster
gunners

I'd be surprised if the Scarlerts form continued, and i'd be equally surprised if they were still around at the end of the year. But, it really could be any number of teams who lift the trophy. Obviously, the Gunners and Ospreys aswell as Munster and Leinster suffer alot with the internationals and that could ruin our chances, but aswell as us 4 the Scarlets and Blues are worth an outside punt and Ulster will still be up there. Looks like the most open championship yet.

If the Scarlets won the league, I would be over the moon. We're shite without our internationals like Dwayne, Stephen, Mark and Matthew J.

Leinster providing the only Irish win this weekend, hardly surprising really at this stage of the season. A lot of work to be done at the lineout, not just a case of blaming the throwing but a lot of problems with the lifting as well, didn't help that the ref seem to let a lot of shenanigans go either. Good win for Leinster though, thought Fitzgerald looked good with his first few touches but didn't see much ball, definitely a serious prospect though. Every win at this stage of the season is a bonus for the Irish teams.

Latest posts