• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

London 2012

Chris Hoy. I've been quite impressed with the Queen's indifference to this farce. I tuned back in for the end because I think Blur might be playing after.

Cyclists with wings.
Could be an unfair advantage in the velodrome.

Getting bored... Who is going to light the flame?
Bet Coe sprints out, grabs the flame and does it himself- *******.

Cyclists with wings.
Could be an unfair advantage in the velodrome.

Getting bored... Who is going to light the flame?
Bet Coe sprints out, grabs the flame and does it himself- *******.

They should let Steve Redgrave do it. The ultimate lad.

Arctic Monkeys are a bit shite, non?

That was brilliant, confusing, loud and funny all at the same time. Had trouble breathing as I was laughing so hard at the Mr Bean bit. Love the Olympics and will be watching as much as I can although I really do need a job.

Last edited:
When do we get to see Katie Taylor beat the **** out of some poor unfortunate.

I have a nasty feeling she's going to get beat by that Russian wan.

In retrospect this ceremony should have featured more Balotelli.

I Thoroughly enjoyed the opening ceremony! From the start to the finish...

The beginning of this lush green pasture in the middle of the massive stadium, then the industrialization of the British empire, then the creation of the 5 golden olympic rings through metallurgy. The symbolism of the entire ceremony was really interesting and I really enjoyed it.

But the best parts for me, was James Bond and Mr. Bean. As that was the part that related to me, as I like the British film and tv shows. The Olympics is where everyone come together to compete, to bond, and to unify, and this ceremony IMHO did just that.

Thought the opening was brilliant.
100 Mary Poppinses fighting a 100ft Voldemort - what could be better?

Bring on the sports now! (Though having said that I've already been watching them for two hours :lol: - Football doesn't count as a) it was before the opening and b) it's w*nk).

Missing:
Fry and Laurie, Monty Pyhton and The Streets (most british-accented singing ever). I also feel it's lees British if Elton John doesn't play...

Also, I saw this the other day, it comes handy now:
2420043_700b.jpg

Is that bouncing, happy and lovely Australian girl in the Olympics?

Is that bouncing, happy and lovely Australian girl in the Olympics?

Michelle J(something). Yes, she is :)

Just to add my 2 cents; that was the most boring opening ceremony ever! The only good thing was that the teams moved in quite fast. With that edgy logo and Muse doing the official song I expected a lot more but then we got Hobbiton as the opening and it didn't get much better from there with a somewhat self-indulgent and not-at-all entertaining history lesson morphing into a lame musical number and ending with neon doves on bicycles...

Last edited:

Latest posts