• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions v Cheetahs

V

Vambo

This match is the first live televised game of this years S14 for those of us over here in good old blighty and whilst on paper it's not exactly the most glamerous of clashes to start of with, this game is incredibly important to both teams given where they finished on last seasons leaderboard and surely this is a game the Lions simply dare not lose?
Looking at last years table it's amazing how many BP's the Cheetahs picked up and even though they lost the corresponding fixture last year and only won one game they still managed to finish above the Lions who had two wins but only picked up 2 BP's.

The reason the Cheetahs had so many bonus points were because they lost so many games by a very small margin, eventually they did start to get a few hidings, but through much of the competition last year they were incredibly competetive.

I'm still taking the Lions to win the game though.

The Lions to win, much better backline this season though i still question the fitness of the forwards. The Cheetahs certainly arent any stronger this year with the loss of Vermuelen to the Cape but atleast they'll have a bit more experience when it comes to closing out games. But yea the British coverage certainly doesnt seem to be as good this year.

Excellent first half. Lions looking very good. 3 tries to 1 tells the story of the first 40 with a sin binning costing the Cheetahs dear with two tries conceded in those 10 minutes.
HT score 21 - 11 to the Lions.

Agreed. Great game to watch, Mentz on fire for the Lions, Fourie playing really well to. Already a massive improvement from last season, the Cheetahs very similar to last year though. A good attacking side but just dreadful in defense, their defense out wide is especially bad. Juan Smith eally playing well though.

What a great game of rugby by both teams :bravo:

Friday the 13th Super14 report:

All the games ended with no more then 6 points in it, if this is a taste of whats to come...

HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS :hi:

f*** f*** f***...

In my SMH tips I put down the Lions to win by 6 points!!!

However... I tipped the Force to beat the Blues...

I guess I won't be getting that $100... :(

Very nice running rugby by both teams and a well deserved win to a Lions side who will have much to prove this season

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sti83 @ Feb 16 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Very nice running rugby by both teams and a well deserved win to a Lions side who will have much to prove this season[/b]

I agree, Loffie spoke about a 3 year plan 3 years ago so fans will start wanting to see results this season.
He has assembled a very interesting this year. Guys like Willemse (who had a great game BTW), Clever and Labuschagne will add some valuable experience and an competitive edge to a recently toothless Lions team.

Clever wasn't too bad either, made a few great tackles and runs when he came on, good to see.

Latest posts