• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ITM Cup - Round 6

Darwin

AKA Dingo_Darwin
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
Round 6 (already!) of the ITM Cup starts on Tuesday night with Waikato hosting their neighbours Bay of Plenty in Hamilton. Both teams are in desperate need for a win, with Waikato sitting four points out of the top 4, while Bay of Plenty are currently in last position after losing 2/3 opening matches.

Round 6 Fixtures

Tuesday 11th September:
Waikato.png
Versus%20Magners.png
Bay%20of%20Plenty.png

Waikato Stadium, Hamilton. 7.35pm.

Wednesday 12th September:

Tasman.png
Versus%20Magners.png
Southland.png

Lansdowne Park, Blenheim. 7.35pm.

Can someone explain to me the unplayable at a ruck rule? Half the time the scrum goes to the attacking team, half the time to the defending team - either way it's never Waikato.

Can someone explain to me the unplayable at a ruck rule? Half the time the scrum goes to the attacking team, half the time to the defending team - either way it's never Waikato.

I think you are referring to law 37 (b): "If the ball become unplayable at the ruck, the team playing against Waikato shall receive the put in to the scrum" ;)

I'm not an expert on the laws (if you get SmarkCooky here he would explain it much better than me!), but as I understand it:

- If the ball becomes unplayable at a ruck the team moving forward before the ball became unplayable gets the put into the scrum. If neither team is going forward the attacking team gets the put in.

- If the ball becomes unplayable at a maul (or collapsed maul), the defending team gets the put in.

Thrilling game in the Waikato this evening, a tryless five penalties to two win by Waikato against BoP...

I see that the mighty Makos have n early game this week against the Stags ... hopefully they can continue their good form, and get a first ever win over an out of sorts Southland team.

... It should be another tough game for Tasman, and hopefully they won't get any more injuries (particularly to the outside backs)

Based on this seasons form (and the fact they are at home) you would think that Tasman should win this pretty comfortably, as they have looked very good this season (while Southland have been very poor). Of course a lot will depend on the weather conditions - if it wet and cold Southland will be right back in contention, as I understand they are the only conditions the ever have in Invercargill ;)

Record win by BoP against Auckland, winning by 21 points.

Looks to be great game on show here between Counties and Otago - Counties scored a try with their first possession, after quite a few phases, before Otago had even touched the ball.

7-3 now.

Good win for BOP - I have been waiting all season for them to finally click!

Otago trying to run it from their own goal-line...this is not the way to beat Counties you idiots....

Good win for BOP - I have been waiting all season for them to finally click!

Otago trying to run it from their own goal-line...this is not the way to beat Counties you idiots....

They were lucky to only concede 3.

They were lucky to only concede 3.

Indeed.

Otago playing a lot better now, but really need to convert this pressure into points..

EDIT: What has happened to Paul Grant this year - he has been on fire with ball in hand all season!

Last edited:
Between him and Ioane, they're making a lot of good ground.

Pity bloody props keeps dropping the ball...

Last edited:
Between him and Ioane, they're making a lot of good ground.

Pity bloody props keeps dropping the ball...

Props not named Taumalolo should never touch the ball ;)

I have to say I have been incredibly impressed by Adam Cathcart for Counties yet again - I would be very surprised if he doesn't get offered a Super Rugby contract by someone (if he hasn't already).

EDIT: Typical, Ioane gets the ball stripped off him by a back and Counties score a try.
And the commentators are surprised that Ioane got subbed off :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I enjoyed the 11 man Otago lineout - even if it didn't work!

It was actually a quality drive, if only it hadn't been dropped at the end.

It was actually a quality drive, if only it hadn't been dropped at the end.

Let's be honest - Counties were never going to stop an Otago maul that had Hayden Parkers massive frame in it!

EDIT: Try Halai - game over for Otago. Counties have just been far more clinical than Otago this game.

Don't know what's happened to Counties this season, but they're come leaps and bounds since last season...

EDIT: And Ioane comes back on and has the ball stripped with his second carry... :p

Last edited:
Don't know what's happened to Counties this season, but they're come leaps and bounds since last season...

EDIT: And Ioane comes back on and has the ball stripped with his second carry... :p

Losing the ball in contact literally 2-3 times a game has been the norm for Ioane this season - despite being a good ball runner I wouldn't have him in the starting lineup.

Another try by Counties secures them the bonus point.

At least ball security is something he should be able to work on - just ask Counties. In seasons gone by they'd always throw the offload, now they're a lot more sensible around contact.

At least ball security is something he should be able to work on - just ask Counties. In seasons gone by they'd always throw the offload, now they're a lot more sensible around contact.

It is something he should be able to improve, but he hasn't so far. Ball security was a major weakness for him last season, but rather than improve he looks too have gotten worse this season :mad:

Yeah, I think the fact that Counties haven't pushed passes near as much this season is a major reason for their success.

Latest posts