• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Issues when formatting posts (italicising, bolding etc.)

TRF Mr Fish

Your Piscine Overlord
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Whenever I italicise font the cursor will start jumping back to the start of the italicised section every so often. It's pretty frustrating when you're typing a sentence and suddenly you've typed through the middle of stuff you already wrote. As far as I know this has always been an issue, that is to say I don't recall ever using the italicise format and not having an issue (yep, it just did it then!).

I'm not sure if it's a case of the forum still loading after selecting the italicise option, and then reverting back to the italicised section once it finishes loading.

I also have no idea if other people are having this issue. I've just tried it with bolding font too, and the same thing happens.

I'm posting just to confirm that it's not just you - I've noticed this issue as well.

You could just write your message then format afterwards? Saves from having to juggle between formats too.

You could just write your message then format afterwards? Saves from having to juggle between formats too.

I concur. I have never had this problem, probably because I type out everything I want to type, then I go back and click>drag>highlight what I wish to have in italic/underline/bold, and click the appropriate button.

I personally find it a little annoying, because it's difficult to drag/highlight text on my laptop. Toggling with Ctrl+i is much easier. This probably isn't a high-priority task, but if there's an easy fix, I'd like to see it implemented.

Oh there are certainly work-arounds, I just figure it shouldn't be happening.

It certainly isn't an urgent issue or anything, but if there's an easy fix that would be good.

Sorry for the late response, I've also been able to replicate this annoying bug. I'll see if there's anything that can be done, although I know the these editors are generally a PITA to get working consistently.

I recreated it in Chrome, maybe people can reply and let me know what browsers they've had it in. It also seems to happen with bold and I guess underline, so it's not unique to italics.

Sorry for the late response, I've also been able to replicate this annoying bug. I'll see if there's anything that can be done, although I know the these editors are generally a PITA to get working consistently.

I recreated it in Chrome, maybe people can reply and let me know what browsers they've had it in. It also seems to happen with bold and I guess underline, so it's not unique to italics.

Awesome. As others have said, it's hardly a game breaker, but if there's an easy fix it would be nice. I'm using Chrome also.

Same here, I'm using Chrome. I'll test it with my Mac later to see if I get the same problem with Safari.

Does this only happen when you select italics using the CTRL+i shortcut? I'm trying to replicate it today and having difficulty.