• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Player of the year 2012

There's a small group of players worldwide who don't need any awards to prove their abilities with their personal fanclub-charimans active here on TRF...

Pierre Spies, Ben Smith, Richard Kahui, Ryan Kankowski, Willem Alberts, Dan Lydiate... Those guys are pure class

There's a small group of players worldwide who don't need any awards to prove their abilities with their personal fanclub-charimans active here on TRF...

Pierre Spies, Ben Smith, Richard Kahui, Ryan Kankowski, Willem Alberts, Dan Lydiate... Those guys are pure class
I take offence to any list that puts Lydiate with Spies.
I'm just going to call Dan and let him know, he'll pop by later and set the record straight.

Don't blame me, heineken is the one with a Pierre Spies-duvet.

Bit odd that you left your biggest man crush (Pat Lambie) off of that list :p

Bit odd that you left your biggest man crush (Pat Lambie) off of that list :p

Yeah, but that one is too obvious haha. Besides, Lambie is the best fly-half we have in the SH next to Dan Carter. The only difference between Dan Carter and Pat Lambie is the fact Carter started playing 11 years earlier.

Yeah, but that one is too obvious haha. Besides, Lambie is the best fly-half we have in the SH next to Dan Carter. The only difference between Dan Carter and Pat Lambie is the fact Carter started playing 11 years earlier.
:Cue Chiefs fans:

:Cue Chiefs fans:
Exeterchieffans.jpg

Just a reminder: the IRB poty takes a season that starts with the november internationals and end with TRC. Unfortunately, there weren't Novermber internationals in 2011...
So I think Lydiate is in for a nomination, given his performances at the GS. McCaw deserves it, but a fourth time would be too much. Read has never been nominated, and I think it's time. Fernandez Lobbe has been amazing, he surely deserves a nomination.
I can't think of the other three nominees. Maybe Roncero, for the fun. Nonu perhaps? And maybe an Englishman to fill up the list. Or Parisse, who seems to be a default choice.

if..and i say if, he deserves it, then he should get it, the moment we start talking about giving it to someone other than the best option it looses what little relevance it has.

and dont read into this that it has always gone to the most deserving person in the past, but the past is the past

other than the obvious, if it ends up being on test matches alone then Israel Dagg will surely get a nomination. Did not have the best season is super rugby but he's been very good in all tests for the All Blacks this year.

If Ferris hadn't been injured in the summer I've a feeling we'd be talking about him here.

Backrowers are definitely the "it" position this year.

They always are.

We are the princes of the rugby field - in front of us, lead-footed lumps, behind us, effeminate parasites behind us.

And, you know, Carter actually plays fly-half ;)

Who?

Looking at the achievements at club and international level, you have to consider Marcell Coetzee, Eben Etzebeth, Aaron Smith, Liam Messam and Sam Whitelock.

I don't think McCaw has done enough this year to earn it. He is good, but he has not been that important on both club and international level.

Not sure who would be a nominee from the NH

What has club level go to do with "international" playe of the year?

Israel Dagg.

(In the unlikely event that Ben Smith is not nominated)..

Latest posts