• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Quarter Finals

Weird that Irishmen will support a team of mercenaries coached by an American over their loving neighbour province

#Game'sGone
We give them players, play weakened teams against them to give them a chance and allow them to experience consistency on an international.

He's coached for 10+ years and not even considered helping them out.

Toxic approach to relationships down there.

Refreshing Will Ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie

the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree

When off the ball purposefully rile up the other team Munster twitter turn South African.

When La Rochelle do it:

Garry Ringrose / stand in captain to equalise by wearing a Medusa wig to face Aldritt at the coin toss.

"Do I make eye contact or non monsieur ROG?"

Your first error there is listening to Off The Ball.

I did see though an article slating them saying it was awful poor that they brought a flag of ROG to training in Cork.
This clearly is Cork Con crested and a hard metal sign. You'd think the journalists would at least try instead of dialling it in.

On a serious note I think for all the joking on the eye contact issues last year, the ROG effect and so on the pressure is seriously on Leinster.
They had 2 massive failures last year in Dublin and ended up empty handed. Yes there was rotations etc but it is a results business and their expectancy in to be winning everything. So no other way to look at it but failure. On the antics from coin toss to half time to whatever. The fact shows Leinster let it get in to their heads and were the ones who mentally collapsed.
I know Leinster won in France but in a way that game is now irrelevant and I do think last year is the game more in minds.

I still think Leinster will win as La Rochelle aren't anywhere near level of last year and I think the ROG effect is running out there.
And this may be where Jacques Nienaber earns his crust.

Bulls players and management coming across on 8 separate flights.

Shambles. Advantage Saints.

Back to back knockout games in an intercontinental comp is asking for this. La Rochelle a miracle draw for Leinster otherwise we'd barely half fill Lansdowne.

Comp needs a complete overhaul with or without the SA clubs (who seem happy enough with just the URC).

TBF, I'd said all along that if Bath came across a SA team, I'd want us to send out the lowest team we're allowed to - as a protest against their involvement.
It would never have happened, but I'd have fully supported such a stand.

The whole concept of intercontinental club competitions is nuts anyway - so of course we now get the world club cup challenge thing.

I didn't see it last week but apparently the Lyon team against the Bulls was very weak in the previous round. Prioritising relegation fight in a very Wendyball kind of way.

Added to the constant format tinkering, the salary cap disparities etc, there's a clear need for a reset, although some will be thinking that it's time has simply passed.

I like the SA teams tbh, Stormers v La Rochelle was far and away the highest quality rugby played last week. Arguably no room in the season for this comp to have them however.

Latest posts