• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

Big match tonight between NZ and Pakistan. We basically only need to beat Canada to make it through but to avoid (probably) coming up against India we'll have to win either tonight or against Sri Lanka. Winning both would be nice... but I wouldn't count on it :p.

All depends on how the top order bat for New Zealand. Currently 54-1 after 12 overs.

Wow. 100 Runs off the last five overs takes them up to 302/7, with Taylor on 131. Incredible stuff. Although I'm sure there was some sort of record for most full tosses bowled in five overs...

Huge New Zealand win against Pakistan, going to be a tough game for Canada when they face off on the 13th.

I'm pleased Canada beat Kenya the other day at least something for the guys to take home with them and good to see veterans like Davison and Bagai make an impact.

Still some wide open pools quarterfinal spots are going to go down to the wire. Ireland vs West Indies match should be intruiging.

Who here thinks there was a bit of "spot fixing" going on in that Pakistan v New Zealand game?

Be honest folks, was Kamran Akmal's performance the worst exhibition of wicket-keeping ever in an ODI. Didn't his dropped catch off Ross Taylor look faked?

Joke:

Q: What do Michael Jackson and Kamran Akmal have in common?

A: They both wear gloves for no reason.

Who here thinks there was a bit of "spot fixing" going on in that Pakistan v New Zealand game?

Be honest folks, was Kamran Akmal's performance the worst exhibition of wicket-keeping ever in an ODI. Didn't his dropped catch off Ross Taylor look faked?

Joke:

Q: What do Michael Jackson and Kamran Akmal have in common?

A: They both wear gloves for no reason.

Cricket jokes are so boring, repetitive and generic.

Here are ashes jokes from 2001 against England: http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/47-english-cricketer-jokes.html

Then from 2006 we see basically the same jokes including

Q. What do Geraint Jones and Michael Jackson have in
common?

A. They both wear gloves for no apparent reason: http://www.thefanatics.com/forumsvb/showthread.php?t=1138

Then in 2011 now that Australia have lost the Ashes we see basically the same jokes except that they are now being used against Australia: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/vie...an-Aussie-holding-a-bottle-of-bubbly-A-waiter

Anyone watching the South-Africa vs Ireland match? You'll be smiling BIG TIME if you are rooting for the Proteas !! :D

Canada only went 1-5 avoiding the Wooden spoon by beating Kenya pretty much as expected. I thought they might have challenged Zimbabwe a little bit more in their match but they played better against Pakistan. Davison retired after todays loss to Australia but took two wickets including one three balls before his career ended.

England pull off a unlikely victory against the West Indies.

What, so Ireland are now better then the Windies at cricket?

What, so Ireland are now better then the Windies at cricket?

No but the way England played and the way West Indies self imploded, England were lucky.

England have been poor, anyone who thinks otherwise clearly does not understand cricket. They are playing poorly and getting through games. They could find themselves 3 games away from the final without the form.

So it's quarter-final time starting tomorrow. With the match-ups being: WI vs Pakistan, India vs Australia, NZ vs SA and Sri Lanka vs England (in that order).

I'd say all of them could go either way really. SA will probably have too much firepower for us, especially since they seem to have the best spin attack and we seem to be rather inept at playing spin. Also in terms of batting De Villiers had been immense for them when he's played, Amla is a machine and Kallis looks like he's returning to form, plus their lower order has performed reasonably well too when they've had to.

All of the teams have been very inconsistent so far though, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

So it's quarter-final time starting tomorrow. With the match-ups being: WI vs Pakistan, India vs Australia, NZ vs SA and Sri Lanka vs England (in that order).

I'd say all of them could go either way really. SA will probably have too much firepower for us, especially since they seem to have the best spin attack and we seem to be rather inept at playing spin. Also in terms of batting De Villiers had been immense for them when he's played, Amla is a machine and Kallis looks like he's returning to form, plus their lower order has performed reasonably well too when they've had to.

All of the teams have been very inconsistent so far though, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Got to disagree on the spin with SA yes they have been good but Sri Lanka have Mendis and Murali, India have Ashwin, Singh and Chawla and Pakistan have Afridi, Ajmal and Hafeez. All of which have bowled well. Tahir and Peterson have bowled well but Sri Lanka have the more potent attack.

Pakistan are the danger side as are England. Pakistan can beat anyone on their day so watch out. England have coasted through the group stages without doing anything so they are equally as dangerous as anyone when they hit form.

Got to disagree on the spin with SA yes they have been good but Sri Lanka have Mendis and Murali, India have Ashwin, Singh and Chawla and Pakistan have Afridi, Ajmal and Hafeez. All of which have bowled well. Tahir and Peterson have bowled well but Sri Lanka have the more potent attack.

Ah yes that is true. They probably aren't the best, but the issue is that we could potentially fall to bits against any decent spin attack. Our performance against Murali and co. a few days ago was fairly embarrassing.

Ah yes that is true. They probably aren't the best, but the issue is that we could potentially fall to bits against any decent spin attack. Our performance against Murali and co. a few days ago was fairly embarrassing.

True but then again it all depends how McCullum and Guptill start you off, if they start well then they are difficult to get out. Been a little disappointed with Jessie Ryder in all honesty.

True but then again it all depends how McCullum and Guptill start you off, if they start well then they are difficult to get out. Been a little disappointed with Jessie Ryder in all honesty.

Yep he's been disappointing. He came in to the tournament off a century against Pakistan in NZ and hasn't really performed at all. Which is a shame because he's supposedly our best player of spin when he's in form.

Poor performance from the West Indies last night against Pakistan in the first quarter, I thought it'd be the most open/competitive match but it didn't turn out that way. Things went downhill quickly after Gayle went, as usual. It's a shame because they have some pretty talented players in their team, especially in terms of bowlers, but they had nothing to work with. Having said that though Pakistan has a fairly imposing looking bowling attack, Hafeez, Afridi, Ajmal and Gul were all very tough to score off.

Australia vs India tonight then. I'd have to pick India at home to win this one, although Australia always have a chance of course. Could this be the game for Tendulkar to get his century of centuries? It'd be a great time to do it :D.

Still believe that India / Sri Lanka / Pakistan are still favourites for the World Cup. Australia you cannot discount out either.

Good on the Black Caps, they stuck to their plan and came through.

I thought the Proteas had it so I went to sleep, I woke up and checked it out on the net and the Black Caps won.

Take that Pat Symcox (the most bias commentator Ive ever heard).

Latest posts