• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I found some news...

The 'gamers' and fans of rugby in general we are in luck, as the company distributes video games, 505 Games, recently confirmed the agreement reached with the HB Studios in Canada study, which owns the rights to exploit the game, to distribute platforms, PS3 and Xbox 360 ***le to the next World Cup rugby in New Zealand.
1301493348_extras_ladillos_1_0.jpg

In Spain, the last game of rugby came in 2007 from the hand of Electronics Arts and by not having the expected success canceled other releases

It must be said that HB Studios is an expert in the development of sports video games having collaborated several times with EA Sports for FIFA star game.

For his part, expressed satisfaction 505 Games for the exclusive distribution agreement, being aware of audience data from the last World Cup in France, the figures were reached 4.2 billion viewers in the 48 games played and average attendance at the stadiums of 47,150 spectators per game, so the sales potential globally is more than interesting.

In Spain, the last game of Rugby in 2007 came from the hand of Electronics Arts and by not having the expected success canceled subsequent releases.
Recently, the American company has announced it will resume the development of rugby games due to increased interest in the U.S. and indeed in other areas of Europe as UK, France or Italy.

Hopefully in Spain I have the success expected and again have the opportunity to continue playing rugby at home, from a kick from 40 meters at Twickenham, with two trials at the Stade de France with César Sempere or winning a World Cup.

I will keep reporting, the date is scheduled for release on 26 August.

César Pérez
Managing Director
Iberian Rugby Contact​

Excellent find! Shame it's been announced on a 3rd party website first but hey-ho (and to pre-empt the mods, it might not be an official announcement, but I'll gladly wager it is true). Let's hope the game is better than Backbreaker!​

Last edited:
What's the announcement? That release date?
I'll believe when it's released through official sources, nothing more.

What's the announcement? That release date?
I'll believe when it's released through official sources, nothing more.

I guess the 'announcement' is that 505 Games is the publisher... but yeah, those are just some images from Rugby 08. Although it may be true, it's not official until we see it here so hopefully HB can comment soon... While they're at it they might as well throw in some screenshots :p

Ah right, I thought it meant that a games company called 505 games will be selling it in Spain
That's what you get for reading a poorly translated article when still half-asleep, I guess :lol:

Interesting, if true. They got Backbreaker over here, albeit as a GAME exclusive.

well well that weird. Well does that mean Euphoria engine may be used?? hahahaha that would be interesting :D

It's predictable that I want to hear it from an official source before getting excited?
Well then call me Mr. Predictable

p.s I heard that you won the lottery! Are you going to quit your job now? Or wait until you know it's real or not?

On GAME site it says Rugby World Cup. Is this the same game becasue on the HB site the game is called Rugby 2012. Same game???

well if it is called "rugby world cup" i presume its gonna be all internationals, no clubs.... ah well. Lets just wait for an official announcement :D

well if it is called "rugby world cup" i presume its gonna be all internationals, no clubs.... ah well. Lets just wait for an official announcement :D

Has H.B studios found a loop hole in including the AB's and the Wallabies i hope so.

For every day we don't receive an update I will take one of the baby seals I have in my basement at random and club them to death....HB you have been warned

For every day we don't receive an update I will take one of the baby seals I have in my basement at random and club them to death....HB you have been warned

How many baby seals do you have locked up in your basement? You might run out!

Don't worry ..I have a readily available supply of assorted fluffy animals to fall back upon ...

Latest posts