• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Rd 4

A kicking like this would still knock them out on points difference, even with the extra point
True, but if they didn't have to chase 4 tries and could just have kicked points then things might have been different.

Take that now. Glad we got another 2 tries. Wasps were a lot poorer than expected, but I know they're not missing a lot of guys. People can criticise our play, it's not pretty, but job done

Bracket then. Assuming Exeter win later:

1642958600059.png

If Exeter lose, Montpellier swap with Clermont and Exeter swap with Sale.

Bracket then. Assuming Exeter win later:

View attachment 13035

If Exeter lose, Montpellier swap with Clermont and Exeter swap with Sale.
Quite a few matches there where teams play someone from the same country.

Racing vs Stade
Bristol vs Exeter
La Rochelle vs Bordeaux
Leinster vs Connacht
Munster vs Sale

Take that now. Glad we got another 2 tries. Wasps were a lot poorer than expected, but I know they're not missing a lot of guys. People can criticise our play, it's not pretty, but job done
Wasps just lacked any physical ball carrying today, whilst Munster were vastly superior, I do think the ref interpretations hugely favoured Munster, they were allowed to slow the ball down quite a bit without getting pinged, they were also a lot better at bringing any illegally slowed rucks to the refs attention, the Munster D at times is insanely good.

Chiefs tend to step it up in the last 20 so gutted to not finish there and get level but we are still very much in this fight! Come on Chiefs

With the 2 legs in the round of 16 I think it's a bit silly how teams can put out their second string for the first 3 and then win in the last round to get through and have a game at home.

Not impressed we've ended up with Toulouse despite 4/4. But I back us with the return fixture at home, just worry we'll ship points away from home.

Latest posts