Harinordoquy's dad halts Top 14 match

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
This was just bizarre especially on the same weekend with the Canadian CFL old players brawling at an alumni event I must have missed the announcement for "Old Geezer Warriors awareness week".

Has someone spiked the prune juice and Metamucil?

WorldsBestDad.gif

how can that referee, who is clearly very competent in speaking French, have such a strong English accent!!!

"Dad! You're embarrasing me! I can't believe it, you always do this! Go sit with mum over there!"

how can that referee, who is clearly very competent in speaking French, have such a strong English accent!!!

Because he's Irish? (Peter Fitzgibbon).

Its quite common for non-French referees to be in the middle for Top 14 matches.

In that same round;

George Clancy (Ireland) was in charge of Stade Francais v Clermont
JP Doyle (England) refereed Toulouse v Perpignan
Carlo Damasco (Italy) refereed Bordeaux v Castres
Greg Garner (England) refereed Brive v Racing Metro
Neil Paterson (Scotland) refereed Toulon v Agen

The only French referee in charge of a Top 14 match in that round was Jerome Garces (Lyon v Montpelier)

Last edited:
Stupid decision to have a foreign ref for what is probably the hardest game to ref of the T14.

Stupid decision to have a foreign ref for what is probably the hardest game to ref of the T14.

Why?

Pete Fizgibbon is an IRB Panel Referee, and speaks french well. He has refereed Heineken Cup and Amlin Challenge Cup matches for the last two years, and to top it off, he is actually a bloody good referee.

Why?

Pete Fizgibbon is an IRB Panel Referee, and speaks french well. He has refereed Heineken Cup and Amlin Challenge Cup matches for the last two years, and to top it off, he is actually a bloody good referee.

Agree. He is improving game on game, he was dire when he first started but has improved since then.

Latest posts