• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GTA:IV

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="170" height="380" id="tuner" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="menu" value="false" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/wet/electrochoc/tuner.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /> <embed src="http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/wet/electrochoc/tuner.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" menu="false" width="170" height="380" name="tuner" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" ></embed></object>

Gee are PS3's really that expensive over there? Surely you must have the cheaper 40G version that is not backwards compatible which has been made to target a cheaper group (like me)...or is this version only available in certain parts of the world?[/b]

Yeah. The 40GB version here is around R4700.00 (around $590 US) Which is a pretty big rip. The cost of living for me is just too expensive for me to really get anything else on what i earn.. :(

The XBOX 360 over here is not too bad, it's around R3500.00 ($440 US), but like i said, the PS3 has better games. Then the other worry is to really be able to enjoy the PS3 experience, you need an HD TV. The cheap ones here are around R8000.00 ($1000 US)

So, all in all, throw in the budget PS3, with lets say 2 games, and a reasonably nice TV, you are looking at roughly R 15 000.00 ($1 875.00 US) What a rip off. :( I dont know how that compares to your prices?)

<div class='quotemain'>Gee are PS3's really that expensive over there? Surely you must have the cheaper 40G version that is not backwards compatible which has been made to target a cheaper group (like me)...or is this version only available in certain parts of the world?[/b]

Yeah. The 40GB version here is around R4700.00 (around $590 US) Which is a pretty big rip. The cost of living for me is just too expensive for me to really get anything else on what i earn.. :(

The XBOX 360 over here is not too bad, it's around R3500.00 ($440 US), but like i said, the PS3 has better games. Then the other worry is to really be able to enjoy the PS3 experience, you need an HD TV. The cheap ones here are around R8000.00 ($1000 US)

So, all in all, throw in the budget PS3, with lets say 2 games, and a reasonably nice TV, you are looking at roughly R 15 000.00 ($1 875.00 US) What a rip off. :( I dont know how that compares to your prices?)
[/b][/quote]

Please Jericho get your facts straight, the PS3 doesn't have better games than the Xbox 360. The Xbox sells for R2000 with 2 games, 5 arcade games, wireless control and 256mb memory card at most stores. Also you can use a PC monitor along with the Xbox so you don't need a big as TV of R15000. In general Xbox games are cheaper than PS3, and don't forget about Xbox Live.

Please Jericho get your facts straight, the PS3 doesn't have better games than the Xbox 360. The Xbox sells for R2000 with 2 games, 5 arcade games, wireless control and 256mb memory card at most stores. Also you can use a PC monitor along with the Xbox so you don't need a big as TV of R15000. In general Xbox games are cheaper than PS3, and don't forget about Xbox Live.[/b]

An XBOX 360 with 2 games, and 5 arcade games for R2000? Where? What a load of rubbish you are talking. Show me where you can get it for that, and i will buy it as soon as i am on lunch. idiot.

And like i said, FINAL FANTASY XIII, METAL GEAR SOLID 4, GRAN TURISMO 5 and UNCHARTED, are not available on the 360, and the XBOX does not have any good exclusive games, HALO3 is average, and MASS effect i am getting on the PC, so IN MY OPINION oh great one, the PS3 has better games.

Listen don't call me an idiot okay, it's a pretty stupid thing to do! I was at Incredible Connection on Thursday and they had a special going. Also check out xbox-360.co.za/forum, you have to register and check out the section Xbox 360 shopping deals and there you can see all the specials going on.

Uhm Xbox 360, Bioshock, Halo 3, Gears of War, Bully, Ninja Gaiden 2, Forza 2, Too Human, Ace Combat 6, PGR 3 & 4 etc etc etc.

You can also pick up 2 games with a wireless control from CNA for R600.

Listen don't call me an idiot okay, it's a pretty stupid thing to do! I was at Incredible Connection on Thursday and they had a special going. Also check out xbox-360.co.za/forum, you have to register and check out the section Xbox 360 shopping deals and there you can see all the specials going on.

Uhm Xbox 360, Bioshock, Halo 3, Gears of War, Bully, Ninja Gaiden 2, Forza 2, Too Human, Ace Combat 6, PGR 3 & 4 etc etc etc.

You can also pick up 2 games with a wireless control from CNA for R600.
[/b]

Sorry, i was just being frustrated about not having GTA IV. I have Bioshock and Gears of War on PC, so again it's void. The best deal i have seen was for R2600.00, with no games. But yeah, final fantasy is the big one for me. Again, sorry for being harsh, very stupid of me, and i apologise.

the XBOX does not have any good exclusive games, HALO3 is average.
[/b]

Microsoft went for the wrong First Person Shooter to make exclusive. They should have gone for Call of Duty to be exclusively theirs as that surely must be the king of true FPS now (I don't class GOW as a FPS).

Anyway back to GTA: IV....ok ok....I will hire it our tomorrow and see what all the fuss is about lol!

Gay-Guy... It really takes quite a while to get into it to be honest... The first 20-odd missions are just easy "get-used-to-this-game" type missions...

If you manage to get up to the Three Leaf Clover mission though... Wow...

Best.. Mission.. Ever..

After a while it gets quite overwhelming too... All of these people to go and see, all of these people ringing you wanting you to go to a strip club/get drunk/Play darts etc. etc.

Awesome game though.

You know kaftka I was just thinking the other day if you were still around on TRF lol!

I completed Three Leaf Clover last night, luckily I got it right on the second try, brilliant mission!

Gay-Guy... It really takes quite a while to get into it to be honest... The first 20-odd missions are just easy "get-used-to-this-game" type missions...

If you manage to get up to the Three Leaf Clover mission though... Wow...

Best.. Mission.. Ever..

After a while it gets quite overwhelming too... All of these people to go and see, all of these people ringing you wanting you to go to a strip club/get drunk/Play darts etc. etc.

Awesome game though. [/b]

One thing I've found quite useful is putting the phone on 'silent mode' - basically means no calls or texts come in, so you can take on the story mode at your own pace without worrying about getting interrupted. Sometimes there's an issue that for the story to advance, you need to call people yourself, but it's usually fairly logical - if there's nobody on the map for you to see, call some of the people you've recently worked for.

Great game though...

Great idea toup. I'll give that a try at some stage. By the way, what's you psn id?

how far in the game is three leaf clover, i am not sure if i have done it yet or not.

i havnt got too far i dont think, i just unlcoked "new york" the big main island. And i have been playing around with helicopters and boats and stuff. I just did the demolition for begginers mission and i loved that one, i just like playing with the sniper rifle.

I am getting all my friends to like me so I get the goods â€" like chopper/guns/bombs on call â€" haven’t touched the story for 2 days â€" I think 3 leaf clover is the big irish gig â€" on 2nd island â€" yep it was mad!!!

U cant snipe from afar â€" and I mean like the top of the 2nd tallest building â€" its shits me, I wanna ping some plebs, and nothing happens â€" I wanna do it from 50 stories, not 5 stories high

I tried to get the fly under all bridges achievement, but I cant locate the last one

Also how do u counter melee effectively?

Awesome moment last night â€" I found this brick in an alleyway â€" picked it up and lobbed over the road and hit this stupid chick in the head â€" she went flying â€" I then got on the firetruck nearby, and washed he further down the hill with fire hose â€" pure brilliance

Lol. You ARE a nutter Ak...

Woosaah, that mission is for Packi McReary, or his brother or something... You rob a bank on the middle Island, but you start it on the first.

sweet thanks kaftka i guess i have something really cool to look forward to. I should start doing more missions :)

I think tonight is out as i am thinking about rearanging the lounge (again)

hows everyone going with the story?

I have just finished the first one with "michelle" so i havnt got much further in it. going to try and get as much done of the story as possible asap and then run around like a madman :)

getting sick of roman he is a real pain in the butt.

ABOUT 70% THRU
i reckon 5-10 missions left maximum
doing street races, most wanted and vigilante for the moment
and online street races are insanely fun and addictive

cricky i am still only 30% through. slowly chugging around. Trying to draw it out as much as possible.

i hardly ever drive to misison or anything anymore i like to take a taxi, it gets me their quicker. anyone else just use a taxi and skip it? or am i alone in that one?

Dont get me wrong, i like driving around and stuff but sometimes it just takes too long. and just a little bump in a cop car makes you lose about 30 seconds trying to get away. I still have only been busted once which is a good effort i thought. That was in the middle of a mission and i was guttered as i lost all of my weapons :(