• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getting Built For Rugby

well end of school season and im injured so no club but since the start of the year ive gained around 4-5 kg havnt grown much but im much fitter and feel much more stronger can tackle run better and all, every second day if there wasnt training i would do plank position where u keep ur body straight with elbows on ground body above floor, push ups a couple of sets and ran around the block increasing how many of which ever i could do each time it helped alot and eat healthy.

well i gotta get to 10 so just some small tips dont do what i do and not stretch it is necesary. i also had to get orthopedic due to shin splitz, knee and calf pains so i just stretched everynow and then and also started to drink heaps of milk for calcium and some protein. but i mainly concentrated on fitness cardio so i could play harder longer. and also make sure u have a day or two to rest and heal

Performance enhancing drugs always help. As long you dont mind your testes shrinking and the occasional roid rage your all set. Im assuming that you dont do drug tests but if you do, make sure its undetectable. Avoid drugs that would calm you down like Weed or strong drugs like P which might result in you in gouging your own eye out.

Given your height I think you're likely to be a second roll/ back roll
In either case you would want to strengthen your legs
For now don't worry too much about building weight, rather build a strong base of your cardio fitness and make sure you have good flexibilty cox apparently it helps your endurance and recovery.
YOu can try tying weights around your ankle in your running exercise to build muscles around your thigh.

and oh by the way, being a flanker, i know it is clinche to tell you to tackle low. but if you want to hit hard, the same technique in ball carrying applys: try to stay square with your shouler, tackle with your inside shoulder so your head don't get fallen on, use the leg of the side you tackle with as the front leg to drive with.
also, don't stand there and wait for the guys to run at you esp when you try to tackle a cheeky back. you can slow down before you run into the guy - if you run full on you get side stepped- but dont stop running into the guy.

Just do sit-ups from now until you're 17. I literally mean now, and don't stop until your 17th birthday, then you'll be tonk.

Steroids are for chumps and there's a possibility you could have a sudden heart attack at any age. You should try and find a vegetable called taro it looks just like a potatoe but bigger the japanese have been using it for many years to build up their sumo wrestlers that's how they get so big. All the islanders eat it and they'll built like monsters because taro contains a natural steroid and helps if you wanna build muscle and gain weight.

All the islanders eat it and they'll built like monsters because taro contains a natural steroid and helps if you wanna build muscle and gain weight.[/b]

It's also responsible for there obesity problem they face as well

Push ups work your pectorals, triceps and deltoids... No core muscles there.
[/b]

Sorry to go back into this, but guys, this just isn't true!

Depending on the position of the push up, your core gets varying amount of exercise, but it's always working your abs and your lower back muscles.

<div class='quotemain'>
Push ups work your pectorals, triceps and deltoids... No core muscles there.
[/b]

Sorry to go back into this, but guys, this just isn't true!

Depending on the position of the push up, your core gets varying amount of exercise, but it's always working your abs and your lower back muscles.

[/b][/quote]

They work them to an extent but only as stabilizer muscles. If you have no weights then the best way to train your core would be to do pull ups and squats. You can put heavy **** like books into a backpack and wear it while doing exercises to make them harder.

Latest posts