smartcooky

Referee Coach and Advisor
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Tasman
What has happened to the forum layout?

The style used to go from edge to edge on my screen, but now its a narrow strip down the centre of the screen with a big blank space down the sides. It looks terrible on a wide screen.

I have tried the style chooser, but there seem to be no options that make any difference.

I am playing around with a few things at the moment...

JO3Tnsq.jpg

Don't need to "make" room. It's already there. ;)

@ Getofmeland

The reduced width of the forum is buggering up the Super Rugby tables.

IMO you need to go back to full width. Like a lot of people these days, I have a wide screen (1920 x 1080) and the forum looks really crappy running in the centre 2/3 with wasted screen real estate down each side.

At least give users a full width option in the style chooser.

I like the separate 'post' for the advertisement. I actually notice it better (when it's within another post I ignore it because I'm looking at what the poster has said, and not the annoying ad taking up half the box).

das

Yea it looks better full screen. Also the ads in their own separate posts are better, when it part of a post its hard to read the text a times.

The reduced width does not work well if you're using a tablet, the forum home page especially is cramped with words and images overlapping.

If you are using a tablet then I suggest looking at Tapatalk. Great app for the forum.

As for the width issue, is to do with the future of advertising of others on the forum. It's also part of a revamp, it's been some 4 years since it was last done and the board needs a facelift.

As some of you might not be aware the forum costs Charlie and Co. quite a fair bit and with money needed and the offer of advertisement with money it's hard not to ignore it.

Hold on with it, it should be worth it.

If you are using a tablet then I suggest looking at Tapatalk. Great app for the forum.

As for the width issue, is to do with the future of advertising of others on the forum. It's also part of a revamp, it's been some 4 years since it was last done and the board needs a facelift.

As some of you might not be aware the forum costs Charlie and Co. quite a fair bit and with money needed and the offer of advertisement with money it's hard not to ignore it.

Hold on with it, it should be worth it.

A revamp shouldn't make things look worse, and I'm sorry, but the width thing sucks a lemon, and it sounds from the way you are talking, that its going to stay that way. It make the text smaller, too small for me to read without zooming in, and when I do that, text starts to overlap with pictures.

Perhaps you might consider giving Season Ticket Holders access to the full screen width, since they do pay some of the costs for the forum.

Revamp is under way. Nothing is final.
We have to look more at advertising, understandably.

A revamp shouldn't make things look worse, and I'm sorry, but the width thing sucks a lemon, and it sounds from the way you are talking, that its going to stay that way. It make the text smaller, too small for me to read without zooming in, and when I do that, text starts to overlap with pictures.

Perhaps you might consider giving Season Ticket Holders access to the full screen width, since they do pay some of the costs for the forum.

Personally, it's not that bad. There are little tweaks required to make it better. I know that Getofmeland is looking into it.

As for the revamp, we are awaiting the new board software to come out, so that with additional tweaks will mean the forum will look better. The same will go for the portal, which will be undergoing major surgery.

I understand it's not as accessible for some, but as I mentioned before please bare that in mind. Your suggestion for the previous 'skin' will be passed onto Getofmeland.

That's a nice one Dull.
I was working on one a few months back because I was bored.
A few little doodles and such, similar to yours.

Just a word of warning - on another vB forum I visit they were recently adding more ads, and BAM! The site was infected with a virus (it's clean now). They had to disable the new ads.

das

Last edited:

Latest posts