• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Force v Bulls

B

BLR

<div align="center">V[/b]
2006-bulls.jpg
</div>

The Force versus the Bulls is on Friday night, 7:45pm GMT + 8.

The Force were a team touted as the best of the Australian teams yet after a horror game against the Stormers this could be the pivotal game of the season, where the Force either pick themselves up from the ground and unleash the potential they have shown throughout small spells of this season. Or will they crash and burn following the pattern of last season where they destroyed thier season with two terrible performances in New Zealand. Matt Giteau has said that perhaps the answer in fact lies in our jersey, as he has only lost one game in the official colours of Western Australia, the yellow and black.

On the injury front for the Force Scott Daruda has been rulled out and his replacement, Lachlan Mackay has also been ruled out with a hip injury, hopefully it doesn't follow the pattern of previous seasons where it would end his season. Scott Staniforth has been moved from wing to inside centre with the future star Nick Cummins being moved onto the wing. Remember that Nick Cummins was described by Mark Ella to be the most promising talent since Matt Giteau, so it will be interesting what he can do with another full game. Young talent 19 year old Dane Haylett-Petty, from Hale School in Perth has been moved onto the bench to cover wing and fullback, showing that the Perth locals are starting to infiltrate the playing ranks more and more.

As for the Bulls, what can I say? The defending champions had a less then ideal season, having struggled with much of the ELV laws yet a good performance against the Blues can be a catalyst for a resurgence, and a little like last season they could perhaps be on thier way to a late run into the final series. Last season the Force beat the Bulls at home yet the Force has only won 4 games in thier history at Subiaco (the only oval stadium in the Super 14-rubbish) and this year the 2007 player of the year, Brian Habana will be playing.

I picked the Bulls to win this one originally but now Staniforth has moved into inside centre and Nick Cummins has came into the side I will have to change it around, as this is my ideal backline.

Should be a good one.

I hope the Bulls win so that the Stormers can overtake the force next week. :cheers:

I forgot to add that Jimmy Hilgendorf has been released from his contract, he said it was becasue he wants time off from rugby but it'd be lack of opportunities and his injury. The Brumbies have been talking to a few players and I wouldn't be surprised if Hilgenforf is picked up by someone next season.

...the Force has only won 4 games in thier history at Subiaco... [/b]

and I'll keep repeating myself week after week, the Force to lose yet another home game.

Bulls by 10.

P.S: James Stannard is the worst halfback I have ever seen...

Well, if both teams play like they did last week, Bulls by 100 :cheers:

No, seriously, i dont know. The Bulls i think are generally weaker against Aus teams than NZ teams. I think it's gonna be really close, But with Spies and Habana back on form, i will say Bulls by 5.

I am hoping they can do the Stormers a favour here. Come on Bulls! :p

A special thanks to Bulls hooker Derick Kuun, for losing the game for them. Well done to the Force, they kept the pressure up throughout the game.

Wow wow whee waa, what an ending! Edge of the seat stuff at the death, hats off to the Force. :bravo:

How was Steve Walsh I hear he cheated the Bulls, I'm at work so I couldn't watch the game.

Don't think any team was cheated.

Shame about the bulls losing this game, would have helped the Stormers if they'd won.

If anything i think a bulls forward probably should have been sin binned much sooner but in the end when one of em finally got yellow carded the timing was perfect for the force.

Hardly a convincing performance by the force. At times theyd biuld up well gaining metres and numerous phases only to do something stupid to lose possession.
Someone should teach them when a good time it is to actually offload. Some of the low percentage offloads and passes was almost their undoing tonight.

I didnt see the game but it seems from the report the Bulls with a comfortable half time lead took their foot off the gas. They are now 3rd from bottom and should have won the last two games. Oooo the Force are so jammy :(

I'm never tipping the Bulls again! This is the 2nd time they've done this.
Melon, next time you see me tip the Bulls, change it to +13 to the opposition!

Bryan Habana looks good man geez.. hes got this presence about him i feel, similiar to that feeling i once had towards Christian Cullen, Jonah Lomu and Rupeni Caucaunibuca, the feeling of anticipation, the feeling of knowing he's gonna produce something amazing whenever he gets the ball type feeling. Blah blah blah... He's got this X-factor about him lol

God I was drunk when I watched this game. Constantly commenting on how fast the style of play was, when in reality I was just so shitfaced everything was moving quickly.

Bulls were robbed.
[/b]
Yeah, robbed by the Force beating them....don't try to diminish a good win by claiming it was anything but a good win...bring on the Tahs!

Latest posts