• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bulls my dark horses this years

mdaclarke

Bench Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Wales
Brits, De Jager, Jenkins, Kriel, Papier, Pollard, Snyman (when fit), Van Staden, Vermuelen

The Bulls are my dark horses for the ***le this year.

Brits, De Jager, Jenkins, Kriel, Papier, Pollard, Snyman (when fit), Van Staden, Vermuelen

The Bulls are my dark horses for the ***le this year.

I'll add Warrick Gelant, Cornal Hendricks, Roscoe Specman, Manie Libbok, Roelof Smit & Travis Ishmaiel to your list.

But my worry is that our young pack might not be as potent as it could be, and I'm also a bit worried about our coaches...

Ismaiel is injured I'm afraid.

But yeah Bulls are kind of my second team and I have to say they look good, great locks (although I see RG is injured as well), a couple class fetchers, Duane Vermulen and Brits to round out a pretty ordinary front row.

All in all their pack looks bolstered which was their weakness last year, they've had a pretty fire backline for a while now. Hopefully Human can do something with them this year, I do like how they have looked in the Currie Cup under him but it usually doesn't translate.

I think they're basically missing a couple class props and a proper blindside flanker from being really good from 1-15. I personally hope they give Hendricks and Spekman a fair shout, I don't rate Russouw (he's just solid) and Mathews and Stigling aren't anything special.

Edit: I think I remember reading somewhere that van Staaden is out as well? Figures.

Last edited:
Would like for them to do good but I see a hard road ahead.
Lack of depth and injury concerns before the season even started.
Should Schalk Brits at the tender age of 38 get injured, the next in line has limited exposure.
Same for Pollard, Libbok is not on Super Rugby standard yet.
RG Snyman is a huge loss, but to be fair Lood de Jager looked by far the best form lock the game this past weekend (of those who played)

It is the next level of depth that worries me for this franchise
Jesse Kriel off after a few minutes and the next best is an ex 7's Bok with a few Currie Cup games exposure, sure it is exiting but is that good enough for this grueling competition?
I wish them well and hope things pan out for the Bulls, it is nearly a decade with no silverware in any format

Ismaiel is injured I'm afraid.

But yeah Bulls are kind of my second team and I have to say they look good, great locks (although I see RG is injured as well), a couple class fetchers, Duane Vermulen and Brits to round out a pretty ordinary front row.

All in all their pack looks bolstered which was their weakness last year, they've had a pretty fire backline for a while now. Hopefully Human can do something with them this year, I do like how they have looked in the Currie Cup under him but it usually doesn't translate.

I think they're basically missing a couple class props and a proper blindside flanker from being really good from 1-15. I personally hope they give Hendricks and Spekman a fair shout, I don't rate Russouw (he's just solid) and Mathews and Stigling aren't anything special.

Edit: I think I remember reading somewhere that van Staaden is out as well? Figures.

Yeah, our injury list is somewhat of a problem early in the season, but maybe it's actually a good thing, because we have a tough end to the season, something like 8 games without a bye, including a tour. So while they might be a problem early on, it might aid our push

Would like for them to do good but I see a hard road ahead.
Lack of depth and injury concerns before the season even started.
Should Schalk Brits at the tender age of 38 get injured, the next in line has limited exposure.
Same for Pollard, Libbok is not on Super Rugby standard yet.
RG Snyman is a huge loss, but to be fair Lood de Jager looked by far the best form lock the game this past weekend (of those who played)

It is the next level of depth that worries me for this franchise
Jesse Kriel off after a few minutes and the next best is an ex 7's Bok with a few Currie Cup games exposure, sure it is exiting but is that good enough for this grueling competition?
I wish them well and hope things pan out for the Bulls, it is nearly a decade with no silverware in any format

That's always an issue for most teams though... And sometimes those fringe players show more skill and talent in this competition than what was expected.

Yes, we are short on experience, but this is such a young team, that there isn't really other experienced players to take their place. That is why Duane and Schalk was mostly bought...

Latest posts