Mark Viduka (Middlesborough)

Joey Barton (Manchester City)

David Rozehnal (PSG)

Waiting-List:

Geremi (Chelsea)

Edmilson (Barcelona)

Eidur Gudjohnsen (Barcelona)

Darren Bent (Charlton) to Tottenham
Personally I think Spurs have been ripped off, and that we could have got a lot better players for that amount, also we've already got Keane, Berbatov and Defoe, so we need another person on the wing. [/b]

I completely agree with your second point, and also have to ask, what the hell is Darent Bent doing???

Why join a club with three excellent strikers, who already have to play a rotation system so that all of them get some playing time, and you are almost garranteed to not play very much football... :blink: [/b]

I support Charlton,

At first I was actually suprised that they paid that much too, but then I thought of how many goals he's scored for us & thought crap.... How the hell did Darren score that many goals with the **** midfielders that we have. Going by what service(or lack of) he got at CAFC, he's gonna have a field day at Tottenham.

I think Defoe is on the way out, there styles and build are too similar.

Just to make it clear, I wasn't criticising Darrent Bent when he plays, simply his career decision - I quite like him, and agree that he is a decent striker (and would be better, as you say, if he had a decent supply of balls - no jokes now :p ).

As far as I see it, he is going to have next to no playing time at Tottenham, as I think Defoe is more popular with the fans, and with 3 other top-class strikers in the rotation, he is going to have to be bloody good bloody fast to impress the fans. Personally, I think he should have joined a good club, like Arsenal... :p

Just confirmed that Geremi has joined Newcastle on a free transfer,

:bana: :bana:

Torres is nearly in Anfield!!
what a pick up from the Scousers... we were trying to pick him up last year but Athletico were asking for 50 million euros or something rediculous like that.

will they use him as a loan striker up front?? if so crouch or kuyt will probably want to look at heading to a new club... i cant see both of them getting decent game time with Torres now at Anfield.

what do our resident scousers think?? Dan & Charile??

Just to make it clear, I wasn't criticising Darrent Bent when he plays, simply his career decision - I quite like him, and agree that he is a decent striker (and would be better, as you say, if he had a decent supply of balls - no jokes now :p ).

As far as I see it, he is going to have next to no playing time at Tottenham, as I think Defoe is more popular with the fans, and with 3 other top-class strikers in the rotation, he is going to have to be bloody good bloody fast to impress the fans. Personally, I think he should have joined a good club, like Arsenal... :p

[/b]

Yeah I know you weren't bagging him B) . He obviously has confidence in his ability, otherwise he would have just taken the money that West Ham were offering. I'm surprised Arsenal weren't intrested (That was always his dream), probably the asking price.

Arsenal sign Eduardo da Silva, he's a great dribbler and has speed to burn, there hoping he'll step up to the plate, to ease the loss of Henry.

Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nREh1bD0HsY

Torres is nearly in Anfield!!
what a pick up from the Scousers... we were trying to pick him up last year but Athletico were asking for 50 million euros or something rediculous like that.

will they use him as a loan striker up front?? if so crouch or kuyt will probably want to look at heading to a new club... i cant see both of them getting decent game time with Torres now at Anfield.

what do our resident scousers think?? Dan & Charile?? [/b]

well i don't see them eighther staying both at anfield. crouch and kuyt have both aprox the same game style (compared to torres). but keeping kuyt on the bench wouldn't be bad for the reds as they don't have many top class strikers to make a rotation ... to see

Abidal (french international left back) to Barcelona for 15Mâ'¬ in replacement of Van Bronchorst who is going back to his home country (Feyenoord)

I dont think Torres will be used as a lone striker. IMO, Kuyt will partner him up front with Crouch on the bench. Bellamy is definitely going (not sure whereto).

Some good times for Pool if they do manage to get Heinze & Malouda as well.

Malouda would def be a good pick up. Bellamy has to be gone... but who wants him?? hes more trouble then good.

i just cant see Crouch staying at anfield. i think hes a superb striker to be honest. too good to be a rotation player. he would be a great pick up for a club like Arsenal.

Sven is rumoured to be just days away from being confirmed as the new City manager. Oh joy.

At least it should bring in some decent signings. Defoe, Crouch, Bellamy, Reo-Coker and Smith have all been linked. The only one from that list I wouldn't like to see wearing a blue shirt is Bellamy, who, for all his skills, is a nasty little brat of a player.

Sven is rumoured to be just days away from being confirmed as the new City manager. Oh joy.

At least it should bring in some decent signings. Defoe, Crouch, Bellamy, Reo-Coker and Smith have all been linked. The only one from that list I wouldn't like to see wearing a blue shirt is Bellamy, who, for all his skills, is a nasty little brat of a player. [/b]

Also read that Anelka is also on Sven's sights and with a rumoured 50mil chest, Citeh will be oding some major shopping spree as well.

P.S: Malouda wants to join Chel$ki.

I dont think Torres will be used as a lone striker. IMO, Kuyt will partner him up front with Crouch on the bench. Bellamy is definitely going (not sure whereto).

Some good times for Pool if they do manage to get Heinze & Malouda as well.
[/b]
But Crouch and Veronin could be devastating, if they learn how to play off of each other.

Worst case, Crouch gets 15 starts and 20 substitute appearances a year. He won't be a bit player in this side. Not with the way Rafa rotates players, at least.

Also, if you see Quaresma come in, you could get a front 6 like this:

---------Gerrard--Mascherano/Sissoko--Alonso--------------

Quaresma/Pennant-------------------------------Kewell/Kuyt

----------------------Torres---------------------------------

Yikes.

Latest posts